What did you do in the garden today?

I don't believe I've ever eaten a papaya. Guess I should try one sometime.
Copilot
Usingthe web

Sent by Copilot:​

Eating papaya offers numerous health benefits due to its rich nutrient profile. Here are some key benefits:
  1. Rich in Nutrients: Papaya is high in vitamins C and A, folate, and fiber. It also contains healthy antioxidants like carotenoids, particularly lycopene1.
  2. Digestive Health: Papaya contains an enzyme called papain, which aids in digestion by breaking down proteins. This can help alleviate digestive issues and improve overall gut health1.
  3. Anti-inflammatory Properties: The antioxidants in papaya, such as vitamin C and lycopene, help reduce inflammation and combat oxidative stress, which can lower the risk of chronic diseases12.
  4. Heart Health: The fiber, potassium, and vitamins in papaya support heart health by helping to reduce cholesterol levels and improve blood flow2.
  5. Immune System Boost: High levels of vitamin C and other antioxidants strengthen the immune system, helping the body fight off infections and illnesses1.
  6. Skin Health: The antioxidants and vitamins in papaya can help protect the skin from damage, reduce signs of aging, and promote a healthy complexion3.
  7. Cancer Prevention: Some studies suggest that the antioxidants in papaya, particularly lycopene, may help reduce the risk of certain types of cancer2.
  8. Eye Health: Papaya contains nutrients like vitamin A, zeaxanthin, and lutein, which are beneficial for eye health and can help prevent age-related macular degeneration2.

The garden horseradish is finally dying back. I'll give it a few more days and cut the greens back and rake the grape leaves out the of the garden.

Spent the day buying a new truck. LONG and EXPENSIVE DAY. PHEW.
What kind of truck?
I have been looking for a half ton, regular cab, 8ft bed and a snow plow.

Still very dry here. We might get a shower overnight on Tuesday. I did a little more on the garden clean up yesterday after I watered the stuff still growing. I also put some more fertilizer down. I’m going to take the weed whacker to the walkways between the raised beds later this morning. I’m still waiting for my last maple tree to lose its leaves so I can clean up the leaves and clean the gutters.

I did not want to get up. 30 outside. That should loosen more leaves. My maple trees are looking bare. Yesterday I hulled the last bucket of walnuts. Test cracked some that I washed a week ago. Due to the drought many were dry enough when i gathered them. They crack best when the shells have some moisture. Many people soak the dry nuts 24 hours before cracking. Gives a more controlled crack resulting in bigger pieces. Still learning. Really dry shells just bust in an explosive manner resulting in smaller pieces.

I will use my Bucket Pro 5-gallon buckets with hydroponic fertilizer solution this season to grow tomatoes, and I will also be using the concepts from this potting mix base hydroponic video. I will also be comparing growth between a fine coco coir mix and Pro Mix.

1730058965639.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom