What do YOU collect? (Besides chickens!)

Gins, inks, and bitters!! Favorite are inks though...

Especially love PRIVY digging...but DH doesn't like to get dirty...so we usually just hit the bottle shows!!
sad.png

Where do I start...

I have over 300 Vintage Church type cookbooks-nothing newer than 1960ish

I love Harker Pottery, although harder to find and definately more expensive

Old Gas and Kerosene Cans - Only have about 15.

Green depression glass in the Pointsettia (spelling) pattern

My husband and I are obsessed with auctions and all things old and interesting! We were at one earlier today and came home with a box of old school books that were dated between 1856 and 1928. They are soooo cool. Lots of writing in the margins and "extra" notes tucked in. The are not in mint condition but I am still so happy to have them. The earliest belonged to a lovely young lady who loved poetry and is filled with hand written poems! Can't wait to read them all!!

I dont know where to start,

I have:
over 200 pieces of granite ware, the blue and white swirl, white black trim, green and white swirl and the gray mottled

over 200 salt and pepper shakers, mosty chickens

about 200 hens on the nest

about 100 cups and sausers

too many chicken knick-knacks

about 100 pieces of RS Germany and RS Prussia china

about 15 oil lamps

2 gone with the wind lamps

about 75 milk bottles of Fouse's Dairy from Marklesburg PA and alot of related items

over 100 potted house plants

over 100 John Deere toy tractors and related stuff like diches, glasses, cookie jars and such

old egg cartons, carriers, feeders, waters and 2 old wooden incubators

some depression glass that was my grand mothers

about 15 pieces of oak funiture that I redid myself, chest of chores, 3 dressers, blanket chest, high back bed, 3 wash stands and some night stands and plant stands

50 or so metal cookie cutters

I could go on and on, but I cant remember half of what all I got anymore, most of it is packed away. I used to set up and sell at flea markets and I used to go to alot of auctions, but now I most most of my time and money on my birds.....

I collect tiny porcelain and glass animals, foreign and old coins, interesting stamps, tiny pretty boxes, hand made ceramic anything, yarn (I'll use it eventually! I will!), books (too, too many books), and dolls from other countries. Mostly just little locally made ones that don't cost more than a couple bucks, but a couple really nice ones. Oh, and Breyer horses when I can afford them. I have like, five.

I used to collect all sorts of nasties as a kid: candy wrappers (dum dum lollipops got their own bag), tissue boxes, toilet paper rolls, erasers, all my baby teeth. Yeah, I was weird. My mom made me throw them out when we moved
big_smile.png

I collect Roosters, (only certain ones suit my fancy)
Pewter
old cookware utensils and such
Blue Willow
Precious Moments
Old Books ( I love ones with inscriptions)
earthen ware pottery
and platters...I love platters

I'm sure there are lots more things I would collect...but the Rev. gets tired of lifting boxes everytime we move!
hmm.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I collect swanky swigs (kraft cheese glasses).
DH collects glass and ceramic insulators from train and electric poles.
DS #1 collects skulls and shotglasses.
DS #2 collects yoyos.

I collect cookbooks...everything from 1800's through OMG they just put out a new one I HAVE to have!!!
Vintage cookie cutters....no clue how many but a LOT and (sadly) all are packed away right now.
sad.png
Gotta get thopse out. I hang them on
my kitchen walls.
Vintage ornaments. Especially the unsilvered War Era ornaments, but anything old tends to tickle my fancy. I REFUSE to put new ornaments on my Solstice tree.
smile.png
I do tend to panic from the day is is put up until it is taken down. With 4 cats it is a disaster waiting to happen.
My husband collects baseball cards. Still has all of them from when he was a kid and buys more quite often. About 1/4 of my garage is moving boxes full of them that have been sealed since we moved to Alaska about 7 years ago.
smile.png

My kids collect dead thing. They have everything from super cool fossils...even a fossilized egg with an embryo showing that we found when we had this house built....to skulls and other bones, to a cobra in a bottle of wine.

Back
Top Bottom