What do you make? Handcrafted / Handmade / Made with Love

I do stuff with stone beads (fancy bookmarks, knitting stitch markers, etc). Thinking about doing them as gifts this year, along with scarves, hats and quilts. Also teaching my son to do homemade soaps and bath salts to give as gifts. It’s going to be a homemade Christmas for our family this year — if ever there was a good side to the pandemic, it’s been that we’ve needed to refocus and better appreciate what we have and can do on our own.

I'm obsessed with rocks, I have them all over the house and even a display cabinet with almost nothing but semi precious stones, lol. I have very few jewelry pieces with stones though, what kind do you make?

Soap making is so fun! Melt and pour bases are a great place to start if you're unsure about doing it.

@OneMountainAcres makes hen saddles &tutus!

Yeppers! Saddles for all sizes and a bunch of different tutus :) And I just finished up a custom silkie sweater for someone lol.

20201024_165034.jpg
20200726_173342.jpg
s-l400 (1).jpg
IMG_20180325_200647.jpg

What is a bone throwing set?
I’m envisioning Norse runes. :)
They're for fortune telling for the witchy folk.

CluckNDoodle is right. Bone throwing sets are a witchcraft divining item, like a tarot deck, or reading tea leaves. :) They're usually made out of bits of bone or doodads that carry a loose meaning, you shake them up in your hands or a bag while you focus on your question and pour them over a simple cloth and based on the positioning you get a "reading".

Norse runes are similar, but like tarot cards, are more specific, with each rune meaning whatever the rune means and you usually do a "drawing" of them, like a tarot deck. Runes are also associated deeply with Norse gods and anglo-saxon cultures, while bone throwing tends to be more secular and typically stems from African-American and Asian cultures.

Last edited:
CluckNDoodle is right. Bone throwing sets are a witchcraft divining item, like a tarot deck, or reading tea leaves. :) They're usually made out of bits of bone or doodads that carry a loose meaning, you shake them up in your hands or a bag while you focus on your question and pour them over a simple cloth and based on the positioning you get a "reading".

Norse runes are similar, but like tarot cards, are more specific, with each rune meaning whatever the rune means and you usually do a "drawing" of them, like a tarot deck. Runes are also associated deeply with Norse gods and anglo-saxon cultures, while bone throwing tends to be more secular and typically stems from African-American and Asian cultures.

Unless the bones are glued together to form letters, I doubt I can read much of anything but I'd love to ask the bones when I'll lose this pregnancy weight that I gained 14 years ago. :lau

Unless the bones are glued together to form letters, I doubt I can read much of anything but I'd love to ask the bones when I'll lose this pregnancy weight that I gained 14 years ago. :lau

Well, that's why you need runes/ogham sticks. :lau They DO have letters written on them!
(Psst I can make those too. :p)

Back
Top Bottom