What's the temperature where you are???

85 F, 81% humidity.

1719444242045.png

After last weeks tropical temps this weeks we are back to Spring temps.

Crazy wacky-doodle weather we have been having. There is NO hay being baled everyone who cut it last week has watched it rot in the field so sad 😞

And it’s cool not much like summer at all.

Currently it’s 18c and overcast, only going to be 18c tomorrow for a high and tomorrow’s overnight low an extremely chilly 6C! Brrrr! I will need to close up the barn for those temps my horses are in summer hair coat now so they will be chilled!

C8CD5DEB-B862-4071-B6C2-A12BE8BE0F26.jpeg

After last weeks tropical temps this weeks we are back to Spring temps.

Crazy wacky-doodle weather we have been having. There is NO hay being baled everyone who cut it last week has watched it rot in the field so sad 😞

And it’s cool not much like summer at all.

Currently it’s 18c and overcast, only going to be 18c tomorrow for a high and tomorrow’s overnight low an extremely chilly 6C! Brrrr! I will need to close up the barn for those temps my horses are in summer hair coat now so they will be chilled!

View attachment 3874150
Very sad to lose all that hay!

We've been getting a similar temp range here. Those 6c o'niters are like sucking menthol lol and it's not even July yet. Yesterday's 18c+ was beautiful. Sunny, clear and calm. Back down to 15c on Monday.

Thursday 27th of June 11.20a.m. Sunny and breezy Fresh 31.5 / 35.2kph W, Hg 41%, 16.9C / 62.4F top of 18C / 64F. Sunny.

Moon is 70.8%

Fears for water supply for West Australian growers with flow down by 34 per cent around Gingin​

20 hours ago​

104023496.jpg

Gingin is a key food growing region in WA. (ABC Mid West Wheatbelt: Jo Prendergast)

Declining rainfall and water flow data released by the West Australian government has raised concerns about the future of water in one of the state's key food-growing regions.

Water Minister Simone McGurk said new water management measures would be put in place in the Gingin region, north of Perth, after the government's latest evaluation found a risk to surface and groundwater due to declining rainfall.

It concluded average annual rainfall had dropped by 9 per cent since 2011, and summer streamflow in the Gingin Brook had declined by 34 per cent in the same period.

Gingin is host to a range of intensive animal industries such as pigs and chickens, and numerous horticultural operations including corn and avocado production.

"We will have to change the way we are working but we want to support growers, we need food security, we want those businesses to continue," Ms McGurk said.

The new draft Gingin water allocation plan is expected to be released for public comment in 2028 and is expected to include some cuts to water availability.

Ms McGurk said if there were any way of bringing forward this new water plan, government would do so.

"I understand the frustration about the timeframes," she said.

"At the moment, the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation is telling me it will take them that long to work up numerical models and to get good data on what is happening in this area."

In the interim, the state government is attempting to reduce water usage by stopping water trading in some areas and clawing back water not being used by licence holders.

Back
Top Bottom