What's the temperature where you are???

Friday and its a wee bit chilly
Feels 59F I was not expecting

IMG_1405.png

IMG_1406.png
IMG_1407.png

Saturday 28th of September 10.15a.m. Grey sky moving in. Looks like I'm eating my hat. We also had a few showers overnite. Light 5.5 / 11.1kph SSE, Hg 52%, 16C / 60.8F top of 20C / 68F. Shower or two.

Moon is 19.5%

Australia has experienced its wettest January-August since 2011, laying the platform for 2024 to become our fifth consecutive year with above-average rain — and potentially among the dampest ever.

While September is on average our driest month, the current spell of wet weather will continue this weekend as twin cloud bands deliver further rain to southern states.

Heavy falls and flooding are possible on the NSW north coast, the crescendo of an unseasonable north-west cloudband that brought rain to the majority of the country this week, including record falls in parts of WA and the NT.

Australia's run of wet years reaches five​

Multiple wet months will ensure Australia's rainfall in 2024 is again above average, a trend that started in 2020.

By the end of winter, the average rain across the country had reached 431mm, 100mm above normal and the wettest January to August since 2011.

The rainbands this September will further boost the total, and with three months remaining in the year, the annual average of 459mm should be comfortably exceeded.

The year could even become one the wettest on record — average falls for the remainder of the year would be enough for 2024 to rank as the 13th wettest year since 1900.

Back
Top Bottom