When to assist with duckling hatch?

Ahygre21

Chirping
Mar 30, 2022
I have some eggs that pipped over 24 hours ago, but the spot they pipped seems to be drying up. Do I need to assist these hatches? I’m worried about the membrane drying up and them getting stuck inside. I can see them moving around inside the egg but it appears to be drying up. I only have 1 duckling that has hatched out of 14 eggs, the others have all pipped and are currently zipping.

Attachments

• IMG_5249.jpeg
    IMG_5249.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 25
I have five duckling eggs. The first one put a little circular crack just over 24 hours ago. This morning, one egg that did not have the crack had completely hatched the duckling. I went to work came home and three had hatched. I now have four lively ducklings that are all normal. The original egg that had the first crack has not hatched. We read that you can chip at the crack a little bit. Which we did but did not harm The membrane. I can feel the duckling is moving and visually see it, but it has not broken through. I am worried if we need to assist further. The membrane is white also concerned if it is going to dry out what should we do?

I have five duckling eggs. The first one put a little circular crack just over 24 hours ago. This morning, one egg that did not have the crack had completely hatched the duckling. I went to work came home and three had hatched. I now have four lively ducklings that are all normal. The original egg that had the first crack has not hatched. We read that you can chip at the crack a little bit. Which we did but did not harm The membrane. I can feel the duckling is moving and visually see it, but it has not broken through. I am worried if we need to assist further. The membrane is white also concerned if it is going to dry out what should we do?
Can you post a picture of the pip? Has the baby been chirping?

Also, :welcome

I had to assist hatch 2 of my ducklings this morning, they piped over 48 hrs ago, they had chipped the egg shells yesterday but by this morning has 0 progress. the temp for mine is 99.9F and the humidity is in the 80's however the membrane was tight on the ducklings. they could barely move their heads, they still had their yolk sacks so I've left them in the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom