WHERE YOU LIVE WHAT IS THE...

Illegal to have any chickens, but you can have them if your property is zoned agricultural, or if they were grandfathered in. Unfortunately none of those apply to us, but I'm thinking about getting it changed.

I dont know what our laws are in Harris County Texas. My neighbors on either side of me both have chickens. There are horses across the street from me. Cows down the road. I have a Houston address but do not actually live in the city limits. I tried to do a search for the livestock rules around here but did not find what I was looking for. After I am done with the Hurricane Ike clean-up around the property (9 trees down, 3 trees down on our new fence, tree struck the main house but did minor damage) I am going to build my first ever chicken coop. Looking forward to raising chickens.

Last edited:
I keep my chickens in Norco, CA and someone last week told me I could have up to 300 birds on a quarter acre lot, no noise ordinance, must be a minimum of 28 feet from the neighbor's house, and not running loose. So far I hav about fifty.

Quote:
LOL Same hear! If I ever had to move to town (id kill myself:lol:) Ok, not really, but I better have a big yard and mighty good neighbors, cuz I'd be bringin my chickens, a couple cattle, and some sheep, my favorite mare and my coonhounds right with me!

I wish we could keep them legally. I would fill up the yard and make a coop and run at the garden. We have vacant lots between us and one neighbor and the other one likes the idea of me keeping some.

Back
Top Bottom