White duck poop? Is it normal?

Did you ever figure out if she was laying?

I was looking up what white poop means in ducks and came across a member who Pekin was pooping white and she found out why.
It sounds like something is definitely going on with Dewy is a vet an option? Is she close to anyone else in your flock? I do believe they mourn but it has been a few weeks since you lost your Cayuga?

This is from another member:

I think I figured out the white poop. I have been giving the ducks a handful of dried insects every day. That's when the white poo started. I didn't even think of that as a change in diet. It just occurred to me as I opened up my package of 10 lbs of dried soldier fly larvae. They are mostly protein. Urates are a byproduct of protein.the white part of their poo is the urates. This is why I see the completely white poo during the day and normal poop in their house where they are at night. Haha! I've never put so much thought into poop before and I was a registered nurse for 15 years.
A vet is definitely not an option unless we want to put her down. That’s all the avian vet by us will do. Basically told us she won’t help us the last time we brought her in unless that was our reason for visiting. She is just so tired all the time and we definitely don’t think she is laying bc we have a camera and we never see her go in The coop to lay and that’s the only place we find 1 egg every day. So we think our blue Swedish is laying only. We only had 3 girls in our flock. Now we have 2. She won’t even walk around anymore barely. We carry her to the pool and she swims around it. Not super energetic but she does. And she ate some peas in the pool today. But she just lays where we put her most of the time and sleeps.

A vet is definitely not an option unless we want to put her down. That’s all the avian vet by us will do. Basically told us she won’t help us the last time we brought her in unless that was our reason for visiting. She is just so tired all the time and we definitely don’t think she is laying bc we have a camera and we never see her go in The coop to lay and that’s the only place we find 1 egg every day. So we think our blue Swedish is laying only. We only had 3 girls in our flock. Now we have 2. She won’t even walk around anymore barely. We carry her to the pool and she swims around it. Not super energetic but she does. And she ate some peas in the pool today. But she just lays where we put her most of the time and sleeps.
Do you have the equipment to do tube feeding? You might want to start that to keep her going while you try and figure out what is going on.
I'm sorry the avian vets are so sorry where you are.
You might want to try an antibiotic I think you did get Baytril right? if you can tube feed her you can put the Baytril right in with the feed ands give it to her that way.

Do you have the equipment to do tube feeding? You might want to start that to keep her going while you try and figure out what is going on.
I'm sorry the avian vets are so sorry where you are.
You might want to try an antibiotic I think you did get Baytril right? if you can tube feed her you can put the Baytril right in with the feed ands give it to her that way.
Is there a link to tube feeding? I’ll look into it. Also if we give her the baytril is it harmful if she actually doesn’t need it? We have it and are willing to give it to her as long as it won’t be harmful. She did break her back nail off like 2 months ago. But the nail never grew back. I don’t know if that can be connected to an infection or not? I don’t really know what to do.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/tube-feeding-ducks-updated-5-7-2020.1211994/
We're not vets all we can do is try and help. If my ducks was like your Dewy I would probably start a 5 day course of Baytril she may have an infection of some kind.

About 5 yrs ago one of my Runners went off her feed and was off by herself instead of with the flock I brought her inside and because she wouldn't eat I started tube feeding her using this link to teach me how. I also put her on Baytril she made it. I still don't know what was wrong with her but sometimes you just have to go by your gut if there isn't any other way.

Did the nail bed look infected?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/tube-feeding-ducks-updated-5-7-2020.1211994/
We're not vets all we can do is try and help. If my ducks was like your Dewy I would probably start a 5 day course of Baytril she may have an infection of some kind.

About 5 yrs ago one of my Runners went off her feed and was off by herself instead of with the flock I brought her inside and because she wouldn't eat I started tube feeding her using this link to teach me how. I also put her on Baytril she made it. I still don't know what was wrong with her but sometimes you just have to go by your gut if there isn't any other way.

Did the nail bed look infected?
The nail bed doesn’t look infected. I ordered the stuff for tube feeding, but when do you tube feed? She ate a bit of mash last night, but won’t touch it today. We did get her to eat some peas today a good handful or two. But she can’t stay awake. We started baytril last night. Can the baytril cause them to lose appetite? But she is just sleeping. We spent all day with her today. And she just slept.. can’t stay awake.

Sure sounds like something serious is going on. Antibiotics can cause appetite loss and upset tummy so give it when you can get her to eat or in her feed you mix to tube her with. I use baby bird feed. But she was this way before you started the Baytril right?the baytril does not taste good so if you put it over food like peas she probably won’t eat it. l tube fed 3x a day to start and once she started to get her appetite back I dropped to 2x it took 7 days for her to begin to eat enough I could stop.

Sure sounds like something serious is going on. Antibiotics can cause appetite loss and upset tummy so give it when you can get her to eat or in her feed you mix to tube her with. I use baby bird feed. But she was this way before you started the Baytril right?the baytril does not taste good so if you put it over food like peas she probably won’t eat it. l tube fed 3x a day to start and once she started to get her appetite back I dropped to 2x it took 7 days for her to begin to eat enough I could stop.
Do you do liquid first when you start tube feeding? She isn’t pooping a lot right now. But she will sip water here and there. How do you make the mixture? I didn’t see it say the mixture in the post. We are only going to be able to tube feed her twice a day. We keep putting her in the pool to keep her legs moving so she doesn’t get so stiff. We are doing everything we can. I’m just not so sure on the whole tube feeding thing. With the mixture how to make it. Do I have to bring her inside to warm her up even though it’s warm outside? I don’t want to do it wrong and I feel like I have so many questions.

You want the feed liquid enough to pass through the syringe into the tube easliy it will take a few times of mixing to get it just right. Or it did me. You can also add vitamins or the baytril into the soupy mix so you can medicate at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom