Will a upper goose bill grow back?

edge60626

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 25, 2013
My goose, as brave and stupid as he is, saw fit to challenge one of my dogs though a chain link fence. The dog bit off about 3/4 of the upper bill. Will this grow back? I am so upset that this has happened.

It will not. However, if you are willing to spend the money with an avian vet, prosthetic beaks work very well for geese.

I am with the others that the beak will not grow back and you need to take your goose to the vets and see what they can do for you goose. Because I do not believe the goose will do very well with part of the beak gone....

If your goose took on a dog, he DESERVES a prosthetic beak...and a spot on the 5 o'clock news! Wow! What did that dog do to tick him off???

And please post a pic, if you have one. He deserves some notariety for his bravery!

My goose, as brave and stupid as he is, saw fit to challenge one of my dogs though a chain link fence. The dog bit off about 3/4 of the upper bill. Will this grow back? I am so upset that this has happened.
Hey mate, the same thing happened to ten months old geese today. I have rushed him to the vet and they are keeping him in the hospital over the weekend to clean and wound treatment. The vet also recommended prosthetic beak when possible. Can you please please let me know what happened to your goose since the injury? Could you please give me a call 0430433978 or email [email protected] thanking you in advance

Becky

Back
Top Bottom