Witchcraft thread

Pics
Another helpful classic, Scott Cunningham's "Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner". I've never been into covens or group work but do enjoy a good public ritual. Ellen Dugan's "Cottage Witch"/"Garden Witch" books are more current and female-oriented; she's a Missouri housewife/writer/Wiccan and very down to earth (in every respect). Amazon or better yet, Llewellyn Books (they specialize in all sorts of paganism, tarot, etc. plus have interesting guest writers, links to pagan forums, etc.)

I haven’t actually read through the entire thread (which I will!) but I saw it at 111 replies and thought I should come and introduce myself! Especially since I forgot to properly introduce myself on the relevant forum when I first signed up to BYC.

My name is Maggie! Hi!

I don’t necessarily identify as a “witch” but I strongly resonate with my Celtic ancestry and have a practice of energy work and Wu Wei (strategic non-doing). I’m a lover of all things natural and a lifelong learner/un-learner. I’m deeply spiritual and have the (sometimes frustrating, often confusing) capacity to hold and accept contradictions as truth.

I actually manifested my first five chickens! And was totally unprepared; it’s been a huge learning curve and I am so grateful to BYC as a resource and community. I now have a flock of seven hens, with one broody mama who has two new chicks, and another sitting on five eggs.

I’m from Melbourne in Victoria, Australia. I work with kids who have been court-ordered removed from their families/are in the child protection system. I would love to foster kids one day. I also have an aging hound called Iggy.

I’m looking forward to following this thread and meeting new likeminded individuals and learning new things! Yay!

Attachments

• 97C96E32-50A0-4739-84EE-1C52B9F49EE5.png
    97C96E32-50A0-4739-84EE-1C52B9F49EE5.png
    587.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Another helpful classic, Scott Cunningham's "Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner". I've never been into covens or group work but do enjoy a good public ritual. Ellen Dugan's "Cottage Witch"/"Garden Witch" books are more current and female-oriented; she's a Missouri housewife/writer/Wiccan and very down to earth (in every respect). Amazon or better yet, Llewellyn Books (they specialize in all sorts of paganism, tarot, etc. plus have interesting guest writers, links to pagan forums, etc.)
thank you!!☺️

Excercise of the supernatrual, Manifestation, spells etc!! It's really hard to explain since i've never tried to explain it before :p My practices mostly are cleansing negative energy (incense and or smudge sticks), spell jars, crystal and herb magic.
It's mostly just manifestations and a mindset/lifestyle

There's no one way to practice. Everyone has their own way. There's no one type of magic. So there is no wrong or right way to Answer "what is doing Witchcraft? Because it looks different for every practitioner.

I appreciate these comments about witchcraft and I also think they apply to things like theosophy and religious pluralism. I think there are commonalities across most spiritual pursuits. I believe the world would be a better place if we demonstrated more tolerance and flexibility in our thinking and judgements -- and if we respected ancestral knowledge and re-learned to listen and trust our intuition.

What exactly is witch craft/ doing witch craft? genuinely curious what you do?
Witchcraft is defined in so many different ways, really so it depends on the practitioner. Most are either atheists or polytheists, but Christian witchcraft is actually a thing. Typically there’s no belief that Satan exists. Many pagan Gods and Goddesses have human traits, and many specialize in certain things like the hunt, agriculture, war or the home. Many saints in Catholicism were once Pagan Gods and Goddesses.

Keep in mind that there are many, many different pagan belief systems that believe in magic. Druidry, Heathnry, the Celtic system, etc. Then there’s Wicca which draws much of its beliefs and lore from other sources and belief systems; it was created in the 1900’s but I never remember when for sure. 40’s? 60’s? Anyway, there is no one way to be a witch. Everything is up to the individual practitioner to do what they feel is right and to worship the deities that resonate with them.

Spells are similar to prayers, but witchcraft encourages the practitioner to use the innate power of things combined with their own power and will to manifest what is needed or wanted. It’s not just left to the gods to make it happen.

I originally got into it because i loved the idea ;)
I'm no witch who works with deities because i think its too much for me to belive in.. i want to but i just grew up with a dad who would put anything spiritual down
You don’t have to believe in any deity to be a witch. Perhaps one day you’ll find one that really resonates with you and you will. If not, that’s ok.

I have a friend who last I checked was Pagan or Wiccan. I don't remember which.

I've muddled with crystals occasionally, but that's more of a crow brain fascination than a purposeful meditation with them and their powers
Wiccans are pagans, but there are many pagans who aren’t Wiccan.

Back
Top Bottom