Wrath's Marans

Lost Harmony to the corn the day before yesterday. I don't have a very recent pic of her but here's a couple. If you remember she was my 1st F2 here from Angel. This makes 2 pretty pullets I've lost this year.

Next year is soy beans thankfully but I've got to work on fencing in the property, I can't keep having these losses.
View attachment 3938187View attachment 3938191View attachment 3938193
I’m so sorry:( Did a critter get her in the corn? She was beautiful.

Awww I hate that for you:( is there any chance she’s just lost and may find her way back? Keep in mind I know less about corn than I do chickens.
Anything is possible, but it's a slim chance. About as slim as thinking she went off to be broody at POL, but it happens.
Coyotes, foxes and coons are more likely after dark but they can run the corn during the day without being seen.
With 9 boys crowing most of the day and the neighbor dogs barking it would seem hard to get lost, but the corn muffles sound.

Anything is possible, but it's a slim chance. About as slim as thinking she went off to be broody at POL, but it happens.
Coyotes, foxes and coons are more likely after dark but they can run the corn during the day without being seen.
With 9 boys crowing most of the day and the neighbor dogs barking it would seem hard to get lost, but the corn muffles sound.
POL, had to google it. I was like point of love?? In my head Harmony seen a roo-an out of towner that tickled her fancy. They went off to start their own little flock and live happily ever after.

Well, I did have one BCM who went broody at barely 8 months old. She had only laid a couple eggs. I found her hiding in an empty small coop.

I had a 9 year old go broody for the first time this year.

Very little surprises me with chickens anymore. They have a mind of their own. :idunno

Well, I did have one BCM who went broody at barely 8 months old. She had only laid a couple eggs. I found her hiding in an empty small coop.

I had a 9 year old go broody for the first time this year.

Very little surprises me with chickens anymore. They have a mind of their own. :idunno
Yes very true... And you remember what happened to Raven.

Back
Top Bottom