Yellowish urates

Jahuzyak

Hatching
Sep 16, 2024
So I recently gave my flock of 9 some zucchini as a treat, Thursday evening. The garden here is finished and we weren’t going to eat them, but they were perfect and fresh .

They don’t get a lot of treats, if they do it’s scratch and peck seeds and fruit mix.
They eat kalmbach 17% layer crumbles daily
Fresh clean water daily.

I noticed after they had the zucchini- they all had watery poops! Thursday afternoon and Friday morning.
Most resolved after a day and a half to two days.
One hen, 7/8 month old EE BLANCHE, was lethargic by Saturday morning and super pale comb sleeping in the run not eating. I gave her poultry cell by mouth and some scrambled egg. Also gave the whole flock electrolytes.
Saturday afternoon she laid her egg and was herself again.
Sunday she got up like nothing was ever wrong . Sunday midday she went pale again and was standing in the cooling pond all afternoon. She was drinking plenty but stopped eating completely.
Her last poop Sunday night was clear . The coop under her roost this morning ( Monday) was clear/yellow/ and little green solids.
But she looked fine- red comb and came down to eat/drink.
I isolated her and gave her more poultry cell by mouth and scrambled eggs .
Her poops are attached . She laid Friday, Saturday, no egg Sunday , fairy egg this morning and normal egg this afternoon. She looks perfectly healthy- except her poops. Her last poop at bedtime tonight was solid with some yellowish urates . I’m just so worried

Vet cant see her until Wednesday this week for exam and fecal test

Attachments

• 80F941A3-483A-4DF6-B1E3-57938B49BC63.jpeg
    80F941A3-483A-4DF6-B1E3-57938B49BC63.jpeg
    611.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 889CB305-9D3A-4FF7-9C7C-710032EF6091.jpeg
    889CB305-9D3A-4FF7-9C7C-710032EF6091.jpeg
    279.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6665.jpeg
    IMG_6665.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 12
One hen, 7/8 month old EE BLANCHE, was lethargic by Saturday morning and super pale comb sleeping in the run not
Sunday she got up like nothing was ever wrong . Sunday midday she went pale again and was standing in the cooling pond all afternoon.
fairy egg this morning and normal egg this afternoon. She looks perfectly healthy- except her poops.
I'd begin giving extra Calcium asap.

Give 1 Calcium Citrate+D3 tablet once daily for a week. You can find this at Walmart, CVS, etc.

Sounds like she's having troubles with production.

I'd begin giving extra Calcium asap.

Give 1 Calcium Citrate+D3 tablet once daily for a week. You can find this at Walmart, CVS, etc.

Sounds like she's having troubles with production.
It’s not the eggs worrying me, she’s actually one of my best layers and her day off was the first day off in quite some time.

It’s wet poops and tinged urates . Can’t get the fecal test until tomorrow 😰

It looks to me that she has started producing lash eggs ?
The small rubbery orangey beige things. Also known as salpingitis.
The yellow urates may well be a by product to the lash egg production.

That’s good, lash eggs eliminated 👍
Having a day off lay is not unusual, it happens with my heavy layers frequently.
As for the poop colour. If she freeranges it’s possible she has over dosed on something that has coloured her poop.
That’s the plus side.
However, if this is a one off i, personally would wait a day or so and see if it passes. If she starts laying then that symptom can be crossed off the list.
My girls provide me with the weirdest of poops sometimes. I tend to keep and eye out for a couple of days and 9 times out of 10 it stops. Usually some grub or other.

This is my opinion and what I would do based on my experience- I suggest you consider the opinions of everyone and then make your decision.

That’s good, lash eggs eliminated 👍
Having a day off lay is not unusual, it happens with my heavy layers frequently.
As for the poop colour. If she freeranges it’s possible she has over dosed on something that has coloured her poop.
That’s the plus side.
However, if this is a one off i, personally would wait a day or so and see if it passes. If she starts laying then that symptom can be crossed off the list.
My girls provide me with the weirdest of poops sometimes. I tend to keep and eye out for a couple of days and 9 times out of 10 it stops. Usually some grub or other.

This is my opinion and what I would do based on my experience- I suggest you consider the opinions of everyone and then make your decision.
It’s been this way since Friday, started with all of them having watery poop from zucchini. Everyone else rectified their poops, but Blanche got worse and is the only one showing these yellow poops. Everyone’s poop is firm again and typical color.

I’m just praying it’s not blackhead disease 😭

EE BLANCHE, was lethargic by Saturday morning and super pale comb sleeping in the run not eating.

Sunday midday she went pale again and was standing

fairy egg this morning and normal egg this afternoon. She looks perfectly healthy

It’s not the eggs worrying me, she’s actually one of my best layers and her day off was the first day off in quite some time.

It’s wet poops and tinged urates . Can’t get the fecal test until tomorrow 😰
Blackhead would not be something I'd worry about. It's not the Zucchini unless her crop is not emptying.

You have CLUES in your posts.

Saturday she was off, pale, lethargic. She laid an egg and was back to normal....

Sunday, she was o.k., then went pale, was off...she finally laid a FAIRY EGG on Monday + a normal egg. She's back to being o.k.

This is reproductive. Get some Extra Calcium into her.

Yellow urates can often point toward liver function and/or reproductive problems.

If she's acting find, is active, eating/drinking, then put her with her flock. Take her aside once daily to get the Calcium Citrate into her for 7 days.

Check to make sure her crop is emptying, look her over for lice and mites.

If you can, get that fecal float to rule out worms which can be a common problem in laying hens.

Back
Top Bottom