YO GEORGIANS! :)

I gave them some chicks different times but each hen is different. The hen can hear her chicks even when they are in the egg and the chicks supposedly know their mama from hearing her while they are in the egg. I have had hens hatch eggs and one hen take all the chicks. I gave 3 hens some chicks once and they started fighting over who they belonged to. Could always try and just watch for drama. My aunt gave some hens chicks recently and one hen started attacking the chicks and killed one. Some hens have to go the whole 3 weeks before they snap out of the trance. After the frizzle I better not have another go broody. HAHA!

day 21 on the hatch, it looks like it's about done already.

Out of 12 leghorn eggs that went into lockdown, 9 hatched. Out of 12 AM eggs that went into lockdown, 1 hatched. Same turning tray, same hatching shelf, but just one.

I am wondering if the youth of the rooster, and that he'd just started breeding as I was collecting the eggs makes a difference? All of them candled and looked good, but just didn't make it.
I've kept the humidity in the high 20s/low 30s during incubating, and bumped to mid 50s during lockdown. I know there were no clears at lockdown, and no blood rings, they just haven't hatched. The leghorns started pipping on day 19, and the one AM hatched on day 20. I have no pips, no rocking back and forth.

I'm going to leave them a couple more days, but I really don't think any more are going to hatch.....

so any thoughts or suggestions? temps and humidity were pretty stable, with that one temporary spike in temp the only thing that changed
You didn't sing to them

I'm loving these little frizzle chicks! Their feathers are just so crazy.

This one is the little rooster I'm going to try to keep!

He has little orange tips on his white feathers already. What do you think, @Flowerbh, is he going to turn all orange like Sunni? :)

These girls are endless entertainment when I go get eggs. :lau

The box beside this one is slap FULL of broody attitudes. I took the eggs from them and moved them to THIS box so I could keep feeling underneath them. This one rushes over to sit on them. This is me telling her NO, MY EGGS!! :lau

I'm wondering if I should just give them some chicks! Would they just share them??

They're not going to lay the next few weeks, might as well get something out of them. Let them sit on some

Back
Top Bottom