Please, I need your opinions! What would you do?

havi

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Waco, Texas
I'll try to make a long story short. A little over two weeks ago a lost little puppy showed up on our door step. Two days later, we find his two brothers up under a old shed. The first puppy had fleas real bad, but the other two..oh let me tell you! I use to work at the humane society and I have NEVER seen a puppy be infested with fleas so bad!!! We gave them a bath and cleaned them up. A couple days ago I was able to find one of them a home. Well yesterday a few kids show up in our front yard looking at the puppies. Come to find out, it was their puppies. Hubby talks to them and of course the little puppy with the blue eyes and silver fur, they want to take back! But they left the other little puppy. When DH came back into the house and I found out, I was beyond furious!!! I told him he better run after those little kids(10 yrs old or so) and tell them if they want to take the puppy, they better take both! Like I said, I was beyond furious! Here we had cared for these little guys and cleaned them up and took care of them. And NOW two weeks later, they want one of them back! Where were they two weeks ago? Ive just been heart broken since they came and got my puppy. I know it sounds silly, but he stole my heart! Ive been looking after him for two weeks, playing with them all day long, etc. The more I think about it the more I get ticked off and heart broken.

Well anyways let me get to the point..I found the lady on Facebook and thought about emailing her. I want to plead to her, and ask if there is any possible way I could get the puppy back. I know this is something that I can not do in person. And I dont want to send it through the mail. That just seems a little creepy. What it also be strange/creepy if I sent her a message through facebook? Its not like Im stalking her or anything. Someone told me what her name was and I looked it up on FB. What are your opinions?

well...they are "THEIR" puppies..if I'm honest..thats my first thought...

maybve you can message them and let them know that if the puppy doesnt work out,
you'd love to give him/her a permanent home...

even tho they didnt take care of them right..ORRRR they could have been lost for a while and they
were looking for them and were infested with fleas..doesnt take too long for fleas to take over if they
are outside especially from what my vet told me..??

Hugs hon!

Your DH should NOT have even given the pups back to them...
You DO know that that pup will suffer in their "care", dont you??
Why would your DH be so dumb to give them back when they came to you SO neglected???
Wow, he'd be one hurtin' man......

Quote:
x2 they probably'd want the cash more than the dogs, tbh...
hmm.png

Rather go to her in person and offer to buy the puppy.
I'm glad there are still people like you in the world who care about animals. A guy I know told my DH the other day how he took his old cat and abandoned it in the middle of nowhere. Am so mad at him! DH had a few choice words with him, but poor cat:( if there was any chance of us finding it I would've gone and saved it, but he wouldn't tell us where he left it.

I have no idea why he did that. Normally he has his head screwed on right, but that day..I dont know what happened. Im still ticked off at him. I havent talked to him since Friday. I cant believe he would give my puppy away like that. And to the people who didnt want them in the first place! Im just so...ughhhh!!!! Well I finally brokedown and emailed her on facebook. Below is the email I sent her. Not what I really wanted to say. But if I said what I really wanted to say, I dont think she would even think about giving him back. I am a huge animal lover and can never see any animal in pain. Im the lady who sees a dog on the side of the highway and stops to pick him up. I know what would happen to him if I left him there. And whos to say that if I call animal control, would they get there before someone hit him? Im the one who sees kittens under a dumpster and picks them up and finds them homes. I know I cannot save every animal, but I try my hardest to!! Any and all animals that come into my home, no matter how short of time period, have a special place in my heart. It broke my heart when I found a couple stray kittens and had to bottle feed them and after one day, one of them died. I beat myself up thinking 'why didnt I find them sooner' or 'what else could I have done'? So right now, Im just wishing and praying, keeping my fingers crossed that she will be kind enough to let me have him back. I know its wrong, but deep down I kinda hoped he would run away again and come back home.
hide.gif

""I know this is probably a long shot and may be a little odd. But what does it hurt to ask? I’m assuming you are the lady that had the puppies missing, correct? Well I’m the lady who found them. The little brown one, Scout, showed up on our front porch close to three weeks ago and made himself at home. A day later I heard puppies whining across the street and my husband found two more. They had been living under a shed. The little blue one Zeke, and a little runt brown one Scrappy Do, were so skinny and infested with fleas. I use to work for the humane society and I’ve never seen fleas that bad on a puppy before. I’m not sure how long they had been out there, but it looked like awhile. You could see their little backbone and ribs poking out. We finally found a home for Scrappy Do Thursday. I wanted to ask if there is anyway possible you could find it in your heart to let me have Zeke back. I fell in love with him and I’ve been broken hearted ever since. He would walk along with me when I would go and feed my chickens. He was potty trained to being on the front porch, where he would go off into the yard to do his business never on the porch. He is well behaved and gets along with my cats great. Like I said, I know it’s a long shot, but I thought I would ask. Here’s one photo of the little brown one, Scout, sleeping in their ‘pool’. I used an old 13x9 pan and would fill it with water and they all loved to sit down and relax in it. They would even sleep in it. Lol. I would love to have Zeke back, if at all possible. I would even be willing to pay you for him if you want.

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s32/havi_13/Mobile Uploads/?action=view&current=IMAG0117.jpg

Thanks for your consideration,
Holly ""

Get the other one back even if you have to buy it back, and keep the other one also so it has a friend. ( who can deny two CUTE lil pups
smile.png
) and that lady.... Tell her next time im keeping them, they were alone no owner in sight. They were almost dead! well tell her that if she says no
wink.png
but try to get BOTH back or she might try to breed that cute one also
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom