Barnevelder colors

Mar 26, 2020
Frederick, MD
I’m trying to figure out what color Barnevelder chicks I might get, and can’t figure out how to do it in the calculator.

Presently I have (I think) a silver laced cockerel. If I cross him on standard gold Barnies, what colors should I expect? What about silver cock over gold laced blue hens (I think that’s what their color would be called).

If my silver cockerel decides to lay eggs instead of crow, what would a standard cockerel over blue hens produce?

Or if someone could tell me how to put these colors in the calculator, I can play around with it and figure it out myself.

Thanks!

You’ll get silver daughters but with some autosomal red. And the sons will be silver gold heterozygotes so kind of a yellowish color.
With the blue gold hens it’s the same only half the offspring will be blue.

You’ll get silver daughters but with some autosomal red. And the sons will be silver gold heterozygotes so kind of a yellowish color.
With the blue gold hens it’s the same only half the offspring will be blue.
Would the autosomal red affect the silver part of appear like leakage on the shoulders/chest?

I've been reading a lot about Barnevelders and own 2 Blue Double Laced hens. Every breeder I've spoke to pretty much says the same when it comes to the Silver Double Laced, they're better bred to other SDL and that's it as the colour and pattern aren't great. I'll add the chart people shared with me when I asked about colours.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1704778108907.jpg
    FB_IMG_1704778108907.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 3
I've been reading a lot about Barnevelders and own 2 Blue Double Laced hens. Every breeder I've spoke to pretty much says the same when it comes to the Silver Double Laced, they're better bred to other SDL and that's it as the colour and pattern aren't great. I'll add the chart people shared with me when I asked about colours.
Thank you. This is helpful.

Back
Top Bottom