Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (if so, please explain!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CloneFly

Never say Never
Premium Feather Member
Mar 8, 2022
We've all dealt with cracked eggs and the disappointment that comes when we find one (or two!) in the egg box. But here's the question; what do you do with these cracked eggs?

Personally, I crack the damaged egg(s) into a bowl and feed it back to the girls- they loooove the ooey gooey yumminess and I haven't had issues with them purposely cracking their own eggs yet. I am curious though, what do y'all do with these damaged eggs?

Let me know!

Normally, throw them away, (literally, as far as I can into a paddock, so wild birds or animals can tidy them up) some might go into the compost, and some get fed raw to the cockerels, or else hard-boiled if I want to feed them to the hens, although thats a bit more unusual.

It depends on when I find it, and when it cracks. If I find it cracked, it’s fed to them, if I accidentally crack it when carrying it in and setting in the basket on the counter, or gets used in baking or cooking. If it’s cracked literally open, it gets fed to them, but if then membrane is still intact when I crack it on accident, it gets used to cook. All the eggs I use to cook that have been previously cracked are always tested and thourougjly inspected in a seperate bowl before adding to food.

It depends on how many eggs we're talking about. But I often give them back to the chickens or my dog. If it's one that's really nasty and gross I will throw it far Into the woods.

Back
Top Bottom