"HELP PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO WHEN THE CHICKENS ARE NOT LAYING'

LoveChickens123

Songster
7 Years
Aug 26, 2012
On Taro-Lynn Farms with our animals
I need some advice please because my chickens are not laying they are all most a year old. And we have tried every thing really but laying mash. And we don't want to do that because it has things that we don't want in our eggs. They haven't laid in 5 days or more i don't have a clue!? So please comment!!
smile.png

Thank
You:Love chickens123

Corn is not anywhere near a 'balanced' diet. They are putting all their energy into survival and nothing is left for 'egg production'.

Go to a 17-21% layer pellet. The corn can be a supplement in very small amounts every three or four days. I went through a dry spot and the feed, plenty of water and adequate light fixed the problem. May take three days or so to see an improvement. Luck.

Mine too ...i live in tropic region , since rainy season my chicks stop laying eggs for few weeks now is that normal? Please advice ...what the food mix is balance diet , i usually feed them pellets ,blended all kind of grain , corn, red rice, and 4 diferent type of beans ,"all dried" for easy storage, + grit sometimes table scrap (2-3 times a week)is that balance enough????

I use the cracked corn as a treat... I agree with everyone here they need to be feed or something more then corn.. I wouldn't bother mixing it with layer feed
(I did that) all mine did was knock all the food out to get to the corn.. If your worried about health wise maybe try an organic feed, with some oyster shell on the side...

Back
Top Bottom