My loud chirping Amberlink.

Robert Kazlauski

Chirping
Nov 9, 2023
I just bought two 3 day old Australorp females from TSC. The one chirps loudly and constantly. Everyone at the store heard her as I carried her out of the store. She did not quiet down for the 20minute ride home . She is asleep now. The babies i raised last year (buff orpington, blk australorp, blue laced red wyandotte, easter egger) were quiet as babies and are quiet as adults now. Will my constantly loud baby develop into a loud adult?

If she is okay and not hurting then it may just be her personality. I have an EE that was fast from the day we brought her home. She was the runt and ran over and under all the chicks all the time in the brooder. We named her Speedy. She didn't slow down until she was over a year old but she is still the fastest. We also have a very loud Australorp from the day we brought her home and she is still loud a year later. We can always hear her when we are in the yard. They all have their personalities just like all of us do.

Thank both of you for your replies. You are right. She is fine and healthy. As of last night and today she has quieted down. Once I put her in the brooder and it heated up to a hot temperature she stayed under the light and stopped her noise.

Back
Top Bottom