Adopt an egg broody hatch-a-long

Meat spots?
the little dark spots when you crack and egg. Last year I had 2 eggs that I could see a dark spot when I candled them. it never grew so I pulled them and cracked them and that what was there (always heard them referred to as meat spots when someone asks what they are). This egg looked the same way, I happened to peek at this one on day 2 and it had it and it still looked the exact same and the yolk was still glowing so figure it was doing nothing and since I had 24 still in there and I am tired of hand turning I took it out so only have 1 stacked.....

the little dark spots when you crack and egg. Last year I had 2 eggs that I could see a dark spot when I candled them. it never grew so I pulled them and cracked them and that what was there (always heard them referred to as meat spots when someone asks what they are). This egg looked the same way, I happened to peek at this one on day 2 and it had it and it still looked the exact same and the yolk was still glowing so figure it was doing nothing and since I had 24 still in there and I am tired of hand turning I took it out so only have 1 stacked.....
Oh, so what I would call a blood spot, then? I'm learning new stuff. :)

it is probably the same thing just called 2 different things? LOL I have heard both things said but not sure what the difference is? maybe if one is red and one is darker? haahaa! hmm I may have to research that and see if they are different things......

Meat spots are most commonly found in the egg white and typically formed from pieces of tissue picked up by the egg when passing through the oviduct. Blood spots are usually found in egg yolks and occur due to ruptured blood vessels in the hen's ovaries or oviduct.

There ya go from google. So not sure which one it is. It is just a piece I see floating around in the egg. LMAO!!!!!!

Meat spots are most commonly found in the egg white and typically formed from pieces of tissue picked up by the egg when passing through the oviduct. Blood spots are usually found in egg yolks and occur due to ruptured blood vessels in the hen's ovaries or oviduct.

There ya go from google. So not sure which one it is. It is just a piece I see floating around in the egg. LMAO!!!!!!
Thank you! Both sound gross when explained that way, lol!

probably the only update like this one and only way I know this is one was already dry and one still had its but in the shell and was wet. LOL

BUT.... #2 was first to hatch and is a male legbar @Ilovemychicks08

#1 was 2nd to hatch and is a female legbar @Iluveggers

1. @Iluveggers Hatched
2. @Ilovemychicks08 Hatched
3. @jazzisbest Hatched
5. @Canadian Wind
6. @Kibademon666 Hatched
7. @Tumbleweedlynn
8. @jazzisbest
10 @fluffycrow
11. @fluffycrow
12 @MochaLatte Hatched
15. @Mary Poopins Love. Hatched

Then 5 or 15 was pipped, I marked it as 15 but in pic of chick it looks like 5. LOL Sorry!

Hopefully lots more chicks out in the am!

Last edited:
probably the only update like this one and only way I know this is one was already dry and one still had its but in the shell and was wet. LOL

BUT.... #2 was first to hatch and is a male legbar @Ilovemychicks08

#1 was 2nd to hatch and is a female legbar @Iluveggers

1. @Iluveggers Hatched
2. @Ilovemychicks08 Hatched
3. @jazzisbest Pipped
5. @Canadian Wind
6. @Kibademon666 Pipped
7. @Tumbleweedlynn
8. @jazzisbest
12 @MochaLatte Pipped
15. @Mary Poopins Love

Then 5 or 15 was pipped, I marked it as 15 but in pic of chick it looks like 5. LOL Sorry!

Hopefully lots more chicks out in the am!
Yay! I had the blue egg girl! 😊

I shall name her Cayenne…the little Legbar floofs deserve spicy names! (Ofc you can name her whatever but for BYC purposes…) 😂

Back
Top Bottom