Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

This is my Blue cockerel. He’s far from the SOP but this is what a blue’s coloration should roughly look like.
370AB1DA-8D8A-4A77-94E9-6A2B1EC4CDA0.jpeg

eggs5.jpg

Just so thrilled with this blue egg color! It is my first egg from one of my Ameraucana pullets! The entire group was from my girls today....even my old BO got into the fun! The white are from my Polish and the green from my OE. I don't know if the blue egg belongs to the Buff or the Blue. Their pics are in my post directly above this one.

View attachment 1696534
Just so thrilled with this blue egg color! It is my first egg from one of my Ameraucana pullets! The entire group was from my girls today....even my old BO got into the fun! The white are from my Polish and the green from my OE. I don't know if the blue egg belongs to the Buff or the Blue. Their pics are in my post directly above this one.
That is a great egg picture.

View attachment 1696534
Those are GORGEOUS blue and green eggs. My dream egg colors right there! I'm going to look up this Itty Bitty Farm.

Those are GORGEOUS blue and green eggs. My dream egg colors right there! I'm going to look up this Itty Bitty Farm.
They are the sweetest tempered birds ever! Healthy and lay beautiful eggs! The blue egg is from my Blue Americauna girl. The Buff lays very pale blue/gray eggs. Itty Bitty Farm has a FB page. I know she has availability at the moment.

Hello, Ameraucana enthusiasts! I got a couple of Ameraucana pullets who are 8-10 weeks old. I'm not allowed to have roosters where I live, so I'm a little paranoid that my super-bold, brave, largest girl will wind up being male.

At how many weeks old do you find Ameraucanas tend to start crowing or growing undeniable saddle feathers?

Attach26903_20190323_212853.jpg

The black one in this image is the one I'm concerned about.

Back
Top Bottom