Any Paleo Chicken Tenders out there?

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Hi everyone! I couldn't find a thread for Paleo Chicken Tenders, (No pun intended :lol:) so I thought I'd start one here! This thread is for anyone Paleo, thinking about going Paleo, Paleo support, and of course, your favorite recipes! Whole 30'ers allowed as well. ;)

I'll start off. I'm a post Whole 30'er, finished that about 3 months ago. I loved the benefits, extra energy is always a must when your keeping chickens. :D Once the 30 days was over I decided I missed baking, and eating my baked goods to much, so I decided Paleo might work better for me.
Since them I've been loving it! I love making the healthier food choices, but cutting sweets just wasn't working. :lol: I've been doing Paleo for about a month now. I love the recipes, and I'm still getting all the same benefits as I did with Whole30.
Some of my favorite recipes are-
Paleo Banana Bread, Sweetened Only with Bananas
Whole30 Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Whole30 Chicken Alfredo with Parsnip Noodles
Whole30 Egg Roll in a bowl
Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole - For all us Paleo people, this recipe is both a side and a dessert. Its really good!

Feel free to join in! I'd love to hear from other Paleo/Whole30 members!

I'm not into these types of foods yet,,,, but looked up the Paleo Chicken Tenders,,,,:drool:drool:drool and now I'm HUNGRY.
Will try making some chicken with that recipe.
At present,, don't have all the ingredients on hand.
Here is what I found,
https://www.erinliveswhole.com/baked-paleo-chicken-tenders/

image_2022-01-31_031455.png

I did do some baking today,,, but probably not paleo.:old:idunno
Would you like a peek??
IMG_20220130_205511_2.jpg
IMG_20220130_184757_6.jpg

I'm not into these types of foods yet,,,, but looked up the Paleo Chicken Tenders,,,,:drool:drool:drool and now I'm HUNGRY.
Will try making some chicken with that recipe.
At present,, don't have all the ingredients on hand.
Here is what I found,
https://www.erinliveswhole.com/baked-paleo-chicken-tenders/

View attachment 2978650

I did do some baking today,,, but probably not paleo.:old:idunno
Would you like a peek??
YUM! Adding that to my meal plan this week! Chicken tenders, yum!

OOOO, nice job on that bread! Photos are perfect since I can't actually eat it. 😂 Don't send that to my doorstep or I'd probably have to start over. :lau

@Weeg, I'm intrigued by the Paleo diet. What exactly does it include, or exclude?
I love Paleo, I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to improve on their eating habits, or sugar cravings.
The Paleo diet is mostly made up of whole, natural foods. A list if things you can eat include-
Meat
Eggs
Seafood
Vegtables
Fruit
Potato/Sweet potato
Seeds/nuts

Things you have to eliminate from the diet vary. If you do a strict Paleo thats all of the below are taken out of the diet. If you do a loose Paleo than usually dairy is less strict, as with grains I believe?
Dairy
Grains
Alcohol
Cane sugar (maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar and natural sweeteners are still allowed)
Legumes
Msg, Sulfates, Carrageenan

You have to take out all the foods listed above on a strict paleo.
Its difficult at first, but I think having a meal plan and stocking up on some new recipes your exited about help a ton! Plus, Paleo and Whole30 have made me try a ton of new recipes I would have never tired before I did it. I think it really opens your pallet with I love, and is a fun thing for me.
Tell me if you decide to give it a go! Hopefully others will respond to this thread and share more recipes. :)

I drink a lot of kombucha, and I make it with organic cane sugar. Why is that not allowed, but other sweeteners are? The kombucha culture "eats" most of the sugar when it ferments the tea.

Are the "no-nos" because they are harder to digest? I'm kind of surprised by legumes and grains, but yeah, they can be harder to digest. (I'm humming, "Beans, beans, the musical fruit.")

I would LOVE to get rid of all the additives in my food. I'm certainly working on it!
Msg, Sulfates, Carrageenan
All icky things, IMHO. I'm not allergic -- that I know of -- but just don't want them in my food. And they are everywhere.

I drink a lot of kombucha, and I make it with organic cane sugar. Why is that not allowed, but other sweeteners are? The kombucha culture "eats" most of the sugar when it ferments the tea.
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. I believe it is because sugar isn't good for you in general, and cane sugar is very processed, and has zero nutritional value. Where maybe honey has at least some benefits? I did a lot of research for Whole30, purposes, and there are no sweeteners of any kind allowed on Whole30. I know thats because Whole30 is supposed to help you get rid of your sugar cravings completely.
This is what Google told me what I asked-

No, cane sugar/brown sugar is not paleo is because it is highly processed, extremely high on the glycemic index, and harmful to the health of humans, and because it lacks any nutrients at all and is associated with serious diseases such as diabetes, autoimmune diseases, heart disease, and obesity.

Are the "no-nos" because they are harder to digest? I'm kind of surprised by legumes and grains, but yeah, they can be harder to digest. (I'm humming, "Beans, beans, the musical fruit.")

I would LOVE to get rid of all the additives in my food. I'm certainly working on it!
All icky things, IMHO. I'm not allergic -- that I know of -- but just don't want them in my food. And they are everywhere.
I was surprised when I read about that to. I always saw legumes as healthy with lots of nutritional value. But I think your right, part of the reason is because of digestibility, but also because they are very high in lectins. I know for Whole30, which is very very similar to Paleo, just more strict about sugar, you don't illuminate things because they are bad per say, rather because some people digestive systems have a hard time with them. When I reintroduce grains after Whole30, my gut was not having it. For some people it increases sugar cravings, causes energy loss, and other unwanted symptoms.
Heres what I got from Google for a bit more info-

Legumes are not allowed on paleo because of their high content of lectins and phytic acid. Similar to grains, this is a point of controversy in the scientific community. In fact, lots of research supports eating legumes as part of a healthy diet because they are low in fat and high in fiber, protein and iron.

YESS! Me too! I ate Organic my whole life to try to avoid preservatives. I found that Paleo was the best way to completely remove preservatives, since its impossible to get rid of them in things like yogurt, bread, etc. Cutting those things out all together worked really well for me.

Ok, just read more about it. I couldn't be a strict paleo, as there are some things that for me, the benefits outweigh the possible negatives. Like kombucha, for the probiotics.

YESS! Me too! I ate Organic my whole life to try to avoid preservatives. I found that Paleo was the best way to completely remove preservatives, since its impossible to get rid of them in things like yogurt, bread, etc. Cutting those things out all together worked really well for me.
Another way to get rid of preservatives is to make it yourself. I know what's in the stuff I make from scratch. If I can't get organic ingredients (sometimes waaay too $$), at least I know that there aren't preservatives, etc. added.

I am very interested in trying some paleo recipes, though, that's for sure! Always looking for new recipes.

Back
Top Bottom