Any Paleo Chicken Tenders out there?

Hi everyone! I couldn't find a thread for Paleo Chicken Tenders, (No pun intended :lol:) so I thought I'd start one here! This thread is for anyone Paleo, thinking about going Paleo, Paleo support, and of course, your favorite recipes! Whole 30'ers allowed as well. ;)

I'll start off. I'm a post Whole 30'er, finished that about 3 months ago. I loved the benefits, extra energy is always a must when your keeping chickens. :D Once the 30 days was over I decided I missed baking, and eating my baked goods to much, so I decided Paleo might work better for me.
Since them I've been loving it! I love making the healthier food choices, but cutting sweets just wasn't working. :lol: I've been doing Paleo for about a month now. I love the recipes, and I'm still getting all the same benefits as I did with Whole30.
Some of my favorite recipes are-
Paleo Banana Bread, Sweetened Only with Bananas
Whole30 Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Whole30 Chicken Alfredo with Parsnip Noodles
Whole30 Egg Roll in a bowl
Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole - For all us Paleo people, this recipe is both a side and a dessert. Its really good!

Feel free to join in! I'd love to hear from other Paleo/Whole30 members!
I have been mostly Atkins for some years now. I have always loved veggies, meat, nuts and dairy.
Never were wild about fruit, taters, bread and snacks, so it seemed logical to me. Plus my sugar runs borderline and cholesterol is inherently high. Drs. love that I eat that way. I have more energy and feel lighter when I stick to it. Have lost # when I'm strict on it but then covid lockdown hit and I baked up a storm! Still trying to get it off. I just change things like use monk fruit in place of sugar. Spaghetti squash in place of spaghetti noodles, cream in place of milk, etc. If I crave a bowl of good ol oatmeal ( once a year) I give in to it. Coffee has heavy cream not sickening sweet creamer . Desserts are hard! , just don't buy them, or make my own sugar free ones. My doom is chocolate but I only eat dark so takes less. I keep thinking I am going to make my own pecan clusters sugar free some day though. I bought an air fryer which helps crisps up things without breading .

Desserts are hard! , just don't buy them, or make my own sugar free ones. My doom is chocolate but I only eat dark so takes less. I keep thinking I am going to make my own pecan clusters sugar free some day though. I bought an air fryer which helps crisps up things without breading .
So hard! Thats the hardest part for sure!
I don't usually buy lots of baked goods, but chocolate, and those boxes organic cookies are my weakness. :drool Its easier now that I'm on Paleo. I can bake my own stuff, and as much as I'd like to kick my sugar cravings. I couldn't do it. 😅
Ooo, maybe I'll have to make some of those for you. :D Pecan clusters, yum!

I miss Chilli soon much! :drool
That is one main reason there is no line thru legumes for me.

Home made and delish. Curious what.
IMG_20210515_163656937.jpg

That is one main reason there is no line thru legumes for me.

Home made and delish. Curious what.
I AM SO JEALOUS!
Yummmy! I made a pretty good chilli without beans over the holidays, but its not totally the same. I don't think my gut minds legumes, so I eat them on occasion.
That looks soooo good! I need to make chilli one of these days and just do tow separate pots. Totally worth it. Either that or Minestrone soup. :drool

How about chicken soup?? we have this as a staple in our home.
weView attachment 2979796
I love chicken soup! Its a staple in our house as well, quick and very tasty. I try to do soup a couple times a week. Chicken soup, chicken tortilla (no tomatoes), White chicken chili, italian wedding soup, Toucan Zuppa. 😋 Just about anything bobbing in broth. Yum!
That looks really good! I need to make soup tomorrow night.....

I've been Paleo (not a purist) for 4 years.

One of the best books I've read on the subject is the Paleo Solution written by Robb Wolf. It is a very well written, humorous and informative book and I highly recommend it.

Paleo is basically the original ancestral diet before the agricultural revolution. So the goal is whole foods pre-agricultural revolution with nothing artificial.

Sugar is very bad for the body. A lot of Paleoists will still make a sugary gob for deserts that was made from dates, honey and maple syrup and eat tons of it and call it Paleo. That is not the essence of a Paleo diet and is very bad for the body. Although natural sweeteners are "permitted" on the Paleo diet, they should be used very sparingly.

Kombucha is actually considered by most to be Paleo because the sugar is consumed by the scoby during the fermentation process. Just because there is no evidence that our ancestral cavemen did not make Kombucha does not mean they couldn't have given the opportunity.

Grains and legumes are out because they have very little nutritional value and oftentimes anti-nutrients and are the very essence of the agricultural revolution. Many diseases have links to grains in the diet.

I eat meat and veggies with every meal. I eat mostly veggies, fruit, meat, eggs and nuts. There is a lot of cooking here! But I don't mind eating the same thing for dinner 3 nights in a row and I bring a salad to work every single day. I love it and don't get bored. So I make a huge crock pot dish once a week and make a frittata for work mornings every week so I have something healthy to eat. It does mean going to the market 2 or three times a week for fresh veggies and fruit. You have to read the labels on bottled anything. There is sugar is literally anything you can think of. I make my own marinara when I want to have spaghetti and meatballs. The meatballs are homemade and the spaghetti is squash. It's delicious!

I've become a better cook since going Paleo. I oftentimes just toss a bunch of veggies in the crockpot with a meat and let 'er rip. It always comes out good. One thing you will find immeasurably helpful is a large stock of different spices. I have easily three times the spices I had prior to Paleo.

There is sugar is literally anything you can think of.
Oh, yeah. A friend gave me a recipe for homemade ranch dressing, after trying it at her house. I made it, and DH and I love it. I asked him what the main taste difference was between it and bottled, and he just shrugged. I said, there wasn't any sugar in it, so it was a little "sharper" taste to me. He asked how much sugar was in the bottled stuff?

I don't know how much, but it was the FOURTH ingredient!

I read a book titled, The Case Against Sugar. It was eye opening.

Many diseases have links to grains in the diet.
I'm guessing things like celiac and crohn's...? What others?

Back
Top Bottom