Any Paleo Chicken Tenders out there?

From the no no list I can only draw line thru the following.

Dairy:love
Grains:love
Alcohol
Cane sugar :confused:(maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar and natural sweeteners are still allowed):idunno
Legumes:love
Msg, Sulfates, Carrageenan

since its impossible to get rid of them in things like yogurt, bread, etc.

Let me offer solution. at least to these 2.. Bake your own bread,, and make your own yogurt.

I like to try different recipes. The Paleo Chicken is on the to do list soon.:frow
I am not vegetarian,,,, but I will eat or at least try and see if flavor is good,, any vegetarian dish presented.

I can't really follow a "structured" diet, like paleo, vegetarian, etc. I do take what I can use, and I've learned from them too. It would be easy-ish for me to be a vegetarian. But I don't want to throw another monkey wrench into cooking at home, as DH wouldn't go meatless. It's a PITA enough for me to be gluten free. :rolleyes:

From the no no list I can only draw line thru the following.

Dairy:love
Grains:love
Alcohol
Cane sugar :confused:(maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar and natural sweeteners are still allowed):idunno
Legumes:love
Msg, Sulfates, Carrageenan

since its impossible to get rid of them in things like yogurt, bread, etc.

Let me offer solution. at least to these 2.. Bake your own bread,, and make your own yogurt.

I like to try different recipes. The Paleo Chicken is on the to do list soon.:frow
I am not vegetarian,,,, but I will eat or at least try and see if flavor is good,, any vegetarian dish presented.
I think thats a great start! Only part of my family does Paleo. The rest still eat bread, yogurt etc. I'm considering starting to make my own bread to solve the preservative issue, along with yogurt. I think that if Paleo isn't feasible for you, (it isn't for a lot of people which mask perfect sense to me) that just doing your best to eat whole foods and having a wide variety of foods on your plate each week is a really great alternative.

I can't really follow a "structured" diet, like paleo, vegetarian, etc. I do take what I can use, and I've learned from them too. It would be easy-ish for me to be a vegetarian. But I don't want to throw another monkey wrench into cooking at home, as DH wouldn't go meatless. It's a PITA enough for me to be gluten free. :rolleyes:
I get that, its difficult. Structured diets aren't feasible for everyone. Its hard enough for me to remember to pull out some kind of protein for lunch, since I usually relied on deli meat and sandwich bread in the past. It takes a lot more prep ahead of time to make something like that work, you can only do what you can. I think just making small changes, like trying to eat in season, or Eat The Rainbow is a really great change.

I checked out some of the recipe links you had... I am definitely going to make the banana bread soon; my bananas have to ripen some more. I also followed a link from another link (you know how that goes!), and got a recipe for making my own mayo. I don't care for mayo, but it's an ingredient in a lot of sauce things that sound good to me. DH likes pasta salads, and maybe I can make the mayo/dressing for him.

I checked out some of the recipe links you had... I am definitely going to make the banana bread soon; my bananas have to ripen some more. I also followed a link from another link (you know how that goes!), and got a recipe for making my own mayo. I don't care for mayo, but it's an ingredient in a lot of sauce things that sound good to me. DH likes pasta salads, and maybe I can make the mayo/dressing for him.
Awesome! These are some new recipes I found from, The Paleo Running Momma, who I love for Paleo/Whole30 recipes. Simple, quick, and delicious! I made the creamy artichoke spinach pasta last night! Added chicken and it was delicious! :drool

And my favorite color is RED! :) Tomatoes, cherries, strawberries, raspberries...
Same! I LOVE Tomatos. Especially in soups!
Sadly we don't eat a lot of tomatoes since they're part of the nightshade family. One of my family members has a sensitivity to nightshades, (Tomato's, potato's, eggplant, peppers). So of course, its much easier to make meals without nightshades thats to make two meals. So we all don't eat may nightshades.
I miss Chilli soon much! :drool

I know someone who has that issue. She has to be very careful. Anything that says "modified food starch" as an ingredient, you can bet it's potato starch. Also, paprika is often used as a coloring agent, and it's a pepper.
Exactly. Its impossible to eat out anywhere. Theres paprika in everything. If the label says spices, your safe to assume that it has paprika.

Back
Top Bottom