Are these 2 eggs bruised? (Again?)

Any update?
Good morning,

I don’t want to ask too many questions or post too much, so I’m trying not to ask a ton of things. 😕

They are both STILL in lockdown. Each one is peeping like crazy, and has managed to peck away at the shell as much as he could, but can’t progress any further. He’s a fighter!
He is not chewing at all for 2 days. So I gave him I tip of a toothpick size drop of Nutra Drench to give him a little strength.
As I previously said, I’m going to stop helping and rushing things.
I take him out, talk softly to him and pet him so he knows he’s not alone.
I used my flashlight to look for veins and all I can see are dried veins on the shell, but yesterday when he gave a push, there was a little blood and I put some styptic powder on the area. I can’t figure out where it’s coming from because baby is bone dry!
I had to use a warm q-tip to swab his eyes because dried embryonic fluid hardened on them. Poor little thing!
The other one is starting to make a hole as well where I made the safety hole and his beak is right there! They were coming malpositioned.
I’m not sure what to do now.
I have a pic for you, but I can take better one if needed. He can’t progress any further though, I’ve watched him try..

Any suggestions on what to do now?
Oh, and is this egg dead? I’m sure it is, but I always like a second opinion.
It’s from March 21st.

Blessings,
Amy

Attachments

• FBE0345E-1777-436C-9CE4-A2B9347B3950.jpeg
    FBE0345E-1777-436C-9CE4-A2B9347B3950.jpeg
    387.5 KB · Views: 3
  • ECF24E52-54E6-4996-8608-4F4813973DDB.jpeg
    ECF24E52-54E6-4996-8608-4F4813973DDB.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 4E4F8FA7-24DE-4CD1-804E-C0E7900DFFB7.jpeg
    4E4F8FA7-24DE-4CD1-804E-C0E7900DFFB7.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 79E9CA15-E0D6-4D68-ACBB-C0598A0A9DA0.jpeg
    79E9CA15-E0D6-4D68-ACBB-C0598A0A9DA0.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 4
  • DD98C630-2241-4D19-B365-9E1977233A9C.jpeg
    DD98C630-2241-4D19-B365-9E1977233A9C.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 2
  • CF877F65-9414-4166-86D0-88D858CD67CD.jpeg
    CF877F65-9414-4166-86D0-88D858CD67CD.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 5
Good morning,

I don’t want to ask too many questions or post too much, so I’m trying not to ask a ton of things. 😕

They are both STILL in lockdown. Each one is peeping like crazy, and has managed to peck away at the shell as much as he could, but can’t progress any further. He’s a fighter!
He is not chewing at all for 2 days. So I gave him I tip of a toothpick size drop of Nutra Drench to give him a little strength.
As I previously said, I’m going to stop helping and rushing things.
I take him out, talk softly to him and pet him so he knows he’s not alone.
I used my flashlight to look for veins and all I can see are dried veins on the shell, but yesterday when he gave a push, there was a little blood and I put some styptic powder on the area. I can’t figure out where it’s coming from because baby is bone dry!
I had to use a warm q-tip to swab his eyes because dried embryonic fluid hardened on them. Poor little thing!
The other one is starting to make a hole as well where I made the safety hole and his beak is right there! They were coming malpositioned.
I’m not sure what to do now.
I have a pic for you, but I can take better one if needed. He can’t progress any further though, I’ve watched him try..

Any suggestions on what to do now?
Oh, and is this egg dead? I’m sure it is, but I always like a second opinion.
It’s from March 21st.

Blessings,
Amy
Firstly, I'm going to advise that you don't him out to pet etc, he isn't even hatched yet, so he is still very much relying on the warmth and humidity of the incubator. The reason it had dried out and hardened around baby's eyes is because you took him out of the incubator with a large amount of shell gone. I don't usually warn about shrink wrapping, but in that circumstance it's a real possibility. You can talk to him through the incubator, without opening it, thats what I did to encourage mine. You also don't need to give them any nutridrench yet

It's not shocking that they're still in lockdown, it's been less than two days since you made the safety holes, and remember, they can take over 50 hours after that before theyre ready. They have a decent way to go yet, no need to rush.
You've taken quite a lot of shell off both eggs, which didn't need to be done yet. I don't think they're ready, especially since one caused a bleed recently.

Can you get better photos of both hatching eggs so we can see them more clearly?

On the candling photos, it's a little hard to tell because of the lighting. If you aren't seeing any veins or movement it's likely quit. What day is it on?

Firstly, I'm going to advise that you don't him out to pet etc, he isn't even hatched yet, so he is still very much relying on the warmth and humidity of the incubator. The reason it had dried out and hardened around baby's eyes is because you took him out of the incubator with a large amount of shell gone. I don't usually warn about shrink wrapping, but in that circumstance it's a real possibility. You can talk to him through the incubator, without opening it, thats what I did to encourage mine. You also don't need to give them any nutridrench yet

It's not shocking that they're still in lockdown, it's been less than two days since you made the safety holes, and remember, they can take over 50 hours after that before theyre ready. They have a decent way to go yet, no need to rush.
You've taken quite a lot of shell off both eggs, which didn't need to be done yet. I don't think they're ready, especially since one caused a bleed recently.

Can you get better photos of both hatching eggs so we can see them more clearly?

On the candling photos, it's a little hard to tell because of the lighting. If you aren't seeing any veins or movement it's likely quit. What day is it on?
Hi!

I didn’t remove that amount of shell. I was told to leave them alone and not pick at it.
He is able to get his head out and pick the shell, the other one just started.
I’ve learned so much here and I’m going to stick to what the professionals late telling me from now on.
People like you have taken much time to attempt to educate me on how to do the right things and I didn’t always listen, but now I’m internet on taking what you tell me to heart, as you are trying your best to help me. 🥰
So, as of now he will be ok the way he is?
How long do I wait after he stops chewing? It’s been 2 days so far.

Regarding the egg, no movement, no veins, mustard colored fluid, and just floating in the shell. It just looks awful.

I’ll take him out to get better photos.

Thank you as always!!!!

OMG! He is HATCHING ON HIS OWN!!!!!
Please help!
Could you call me???

Hi!

I didn’t remove that amount of shell. I was told to leave them alone and not pick at it.
I’ve learned so much here and I’m going to stick to what the professionals late telling me from now on.
People like you have taken much time to attempt to educate me on how to do the right things and I didn’t always listen, but now I’m internet on taking what you tell me to heart, as you are trying your best to help me. 🥰

Regarding the egg, no movement, no veins, mustard colored fluid, and just floating in the shell. It just looks awful.

I’ll take him out to get better photos.

Thank you as always!!!!

Please help!
Could you call me???
He’s stuck from all the dried goo!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 5
Oh gosh Amy
It’s not even been 48 hours since you made the post so 46 hours at most
Baby may or may not be ready yet
When you make a hole that big they will push out when they shouldn’t
I have assisted many and never once has a baby chewed the shell making a hole larger the hole also looks man made
I don’t really know how far absorbed this baby is
Do you see veins still ?

Is there any yolk left? If not,
Help him out so that he doesn't risk harming himself. You may need to use some water to get the dried goo off and separate him from the egg, but be very gentle. Their skin is quite delicate
I’m so afraid of bleeding!
My husband isn’t here and I’m scared that he’ll start to bleed!
If he does should I use the powder and apply pressure?
He’s so hardened, should I use a bit of warm water on a q-tip to loosen it?

Hi!

That's great, but Amy you can't tell us that all that she'll was taken off by baby, that wasn't a zip, it was much of the shell removed. It's very clear that with at least one egg, you helped remove some shell
The remaining egg will be fine for now. Once it's been at least 48 hours since safety hole, you can check for veins via candling, and for yolk via yawning or chewing motions. Once everything looks good, you'd be able to slowly begin the full assist. But it's usually upwards of 50+ hours before they're ready, so no need to rush them.
Sounds like a quitter, for sure
Please help!
Could you call me???
is he out yet?
He may need help getting out

I’m so afraid of bleeding!
My husband isn’t here and I’m scared that he’ll start to bleed!
If he does should I use the powder and apply pressure?
He’s so hardened, should I use a bit of warm water on a q-tip to loosen it?
Amy it's more important that you check for yolk right now, is there any yolk there or is he looking ready? We need to know if he's ready

Back
Top Bottom