AYAM CEMANI - BREEDING & DISCUSSION.

That is good, I hear do not breed one that has white on toe, etc. I am not breeding to perfect, It is nice to have some pures just for me, and then see what happens if I mix diff types of chickens, like mixing paint.

That is good, I hear do not breed one that has white on toe, etc. I am not breeding to perfect, It is nice to have some pures just for me, and then see what happens if I mix diff types of chickens, like mixing paint.
I'm thinking of getting an ayam cemini roo and I really wanted to cross with a Jersey giant I was hoping it would carry on the all black meat and bones but be bigger plumper and lay more eggs than a regular cemini

Neat. I had one AC with one light colored toe as a chick, now it is 2-3 months old, and the light toe color is gone now it is black, I only have 2 that kind that are babies. Maybe don't cull too soon!

Perhaps this isn't appropriate, but I'm doing some research and need a photo I can use of an Ayam Cemani. This is for academic purposes and will not be used for any economic gain. If anyone is willing to share I'd gladly credit the photo to the owner. :)

I received a free AC with a rare breed batch this April. She is quite lovely and appears to be a legitimate example of the breed, but I am not sure. She is eating yogurt in this pic, so disregard the white blobs on her beak and back.

Attachments

• B3FDC0F2-E156-42BB-8421-87597A15BEAC.jpeg
    B3FDC0F2-E156-42BB-8421-87597A15BEAC.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 8
  • B0FE41A6-D445-44D9-908D-A3972922E6A9.jpeg
    B0FE41A6-D445-44D9-908D-A3972922E6A9.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 8
I like this breed, but they go broody, are not real friendly, eggs are small and they don't lay many of them.

The plus? I like their smaller size, their color, their rare status, they are good moms. I plan on keeping what I have, breeding them for me, but not buying any more, chicks/eggs.

I have black frizzles, I plan on breeding with the AC it may be neat to see frizzles with that black on black look.

Back
Top Bottom