Blind Gosling?

dbabendererde

In the Brooder
May 3, 2020
Hey guys. So the farm geese abandoned two of their gosling's, and I have a concern that one may be blind.
I named them Crash & Bash because they kept crashing into everything drunk walking around or running at full speed and bashing through everything.
Got them brewer's yeast, save-a-chick electrolytes and probiotics to help make sure they are getting nutrients.
Anyways Crash's left eye is partial open and looks a lil' cloudy and (his/her) right eye is almost always closed, and when it does peek a lil' open its cloudy as well.
The right eye also looks smaller than the left.

I was wondering if Crash is partially blind in the left, and the right is dead and blind...or is there a chance it will open and she can see better.
Crash and Bash were born on the 23rd of April...so only a week and half old. I have attached some pics of Crash and her eyes....
20200503_110714.jpg 20200503_110819.jpg 20200503_110949.jpg 20200503_111044.jpg

Have you tried putting you hand up in front and side to see if there is any reaction? Maybe try some Terramycin eye ointment an see if that helps

So precious! Is the eye having discharge or matting?
i havent seen any discharge or any of the fluff matting around the eye.

The cloudy part I think is the inner eyelid. I’m thinking they may have an infection or neurological issues that is making them squint? Do they seem quiet or lethargic?

They aren't that quiet.
Crash cries when i put her down and dont tuck her in. Bash constantly cries until my wife holds him. They are pretty lethargic, and like to sleep, but they do run around the room at flash like speeds...we call it the zoomies because afterwards they get all tuckered out and sleep.

Have you tried putting you hand up in front and side to see if there is any reaction? Maybe try some Terramycin eye ointment an see if that helps

Yes. we have put our hands up and its hard to tell due to the whiskey drunk walk. We will get some eye ointment and see if that helps

What are you feeding them?
Non medicated start chick feed seasones with brewers yeast while the gosling feed arrives. They are drinking fresh water and water with save-a-chick probiotics and electrolytes. Also fresh picked grass multiple times a day.

They like to go swimming and exploring outside, but they dont follow the wife and i...they have imprinted onto us. Once we speak they start to respond.

A video of them...can get more

Bless their hearts. I’m glad your getting feed for goslings they may have a nutrient imbalance too and Chick starter isn’t the best feed for water fowl. Do you own the parents too? And if so are they healthy.

Back
Top Bottom