Blue Rocks and Rhode Island Blues

Blue Rock Roo and Rhode Island Blue hen pic#2.jpg

This is another pic of my Blue Rock Rooster. The hen is one of my other Rhode Island Blue hens. The other 2 Rhode Island Blue hens are black - like a Black Australorp, which the Rhode Island Blue is known to throw. I am really anxious to raise some chicks from this rooster and hen!

I just hatched some chick's that are blue rock roo over Rhode Island blue hen. Once they get feathered out good, I will post some picks of them. I will also post pics of the opposite breeding... RIB roo over blue rock hens.

Does it matter if the rooster or hen are the Rhode Island Red
This rooster is rhode island blue. I think some hatcheries call them Production blues. the picture isnt the best, but his tail feathers and part of his wing feathers are blue. I actually crossed my blue rock rooster over the rhode island blue hens. similar results, some black, some blue, some splash, but a couple of the roos have barring. I will post some picks of them soon.

Wow, that first cockerel is beautiful!
Thank you. He acts and even sounds like the RIB roo. I hatched 2 sets this year from RIB roo and Blue Rock hens. It is amazing the colorations that I am seeing. When breeding for blue, it is typical to see black, blue and blue splash, but the red leaks into some of the chicks and it is really exciting to see!

Back
Top Bottom