BYC's 2023 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exciting! I’ve just been craving the Halloween feeling lately 😅 so I may join in. I’m planning on setting some chocolate turkey eggs tomorrow. Maybe I’ll postpone it a day, or maybe there’ll be a late Halloween Hatcher.

that is- if they’re even fertile 😫. I’m seriously hoping so. I wasn't able to keep back a single chocolate growout from the 23’ season because my stepfather kept selling them, and chocolates are so beautiful I don’t want to give up breeding them.

Care if I join, and check back in in a week or two? I’ll definitely be incubating the turkey eggs, but whether I get any Halloween hatched-poults depends on whether this first batch will be fertile.

This is exciting! I’ve just been craving the Halloween feeling lately 😅 so I may join in. I’m planning on setting some chocolate turkey eggs tomorrow. Maybe I’ll postpone it a day, or maybe there’ll be a late Halloween Hatcher.

that is- if they’re even fertile 😫. I’m seriously hoping so. I wasn't able to keep back a single chocolate growout from the 23’ season because my stepfather kept selling them, and chocolates are so beautiful I don’t want to give up breeding them.

Care if I join, and check back in in a week or two? I’ll definitely be incubating the turkey eggs, but whether I get any Halloween hatched-poults depends on whether this first batch will be fertile.
Welcome! I hope they are fertile.

So got some eggs ordered and I hope they get here by the 9th or 10th. Got Belgium Bearded Barbu D'anver Bantam, Silver Sebrights, Dutch bantams and I hope some Rose Comb bantams. All through ebay.

Edit: 36 eggs on the way. Wasn't sure I would win any and I won them all.🫨

Last edited:
So got some eggs ordered and I hope they get here by the 9th or 10th. Got Belgium Bearded Barbu D'anver Bantam, Silver Sebrights, Dutch bantams and I hope some Rose Comb bantams. All through ebay.

Edit: 36 eggs on the way. Wasn't sure I would win any and I won them all.🫨
That is good news!

We have some set dates coming up!

Type of EggDays to HatchSet Dates
Muscovy duck35September 26
Goose28 - 32September 29 to October 3
Pheasant22 - 29October 2 to October 9
Mallard (derived) duck, goose,28October 3
Turkey, Guinea, Peafowl28October 3
Call duck and other bantam ducks26October 5

I ended up ordering from Sandy Soil Farms…..they were sold out for this week just as I was placing my order ☹️ so ship date is Monday. I’ll probably be a little behind but not out of the ordinary for shipped eggs.
It does get harder to find hatching eggs at this time of the year.

Nvm, @ronott1…Count me in.

My girls decided to go broody again over 20+ eggs. Not sure exactly how many there are yet but I will let you know once I find out how many are developing…*
C5BA3D1D-8E6E-417F-B722-DDED7D6A75AD.jpeg

Hen #1:
9CF75408-2884-4905-BF46-7115FAEF9AFC.jpeg

Hen #2:
D2F622C6-B850-495C-B5C6-DD2C8E6D46AD.jpeg

Hen #3:
4B036CEC-5ABD-41E1-A14E-71F0702378A5.jpeg

BTW- I can hardly wait for these ladies to be done with their business so that I can finally take the darn nesting box out to paint and repair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom