BYC's 2023 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Just set eggs this morning- might add more this afternoon depending on who lays-
9 of my bantam eggs (Either oegb/sebright cross or pure of each) I have both an oegb and a sebright roo, and also sebright and oegb hens.
4 Orpington eggs which I'm not sure are fertile, if they are they are from a blue ameraucana rooster.
and 2 CCL eggs, also will come from the blue ameraucana roo. Also not sure are fertile. My ameraucana roo doesn't do his job I've noticed.
So I did add more eggs,
I have 10 bantam eggs set 10/10.
1 silkie egg set 10/11
3 bantams eggs set 10/12
2 bantam eggs set 10/13
2 bantams eggs set 10/15, and 3 SF eggs (surprisingly fertile) set 10/15 as well.
-
My original eggs, the 2 CCL eggs were infertile, and so were the 4 orpington eggs. Tried adding more and they weren't fertile either.
Surprisingly i decided to try my salmon faverolles eggs and they were fertile.
(Grey beard my blue ameraucana roo is the father still.)

Looks like I've got an early hatcher! Welcome to the world little guy!!
IMG_20231023_095350165.jpg
IMG_20231023_095406607.jpg

Im down to 2 chocolate turkey eggs hatching Oct. 31st-November 1st. One died, unfortunately, but the other two look good right now. At10 chicken eggs that'll hatch that day as well.(3 BcW polish, 7 WCB polish/ayam cemani crosses).

I have 4 more chocolate eggs that’ll hatch maybeee November 10th.
My hen seems to be slowing down on laying. I think I’ve gotten 16 eggs from her though(set 12 so far), which is shocking for how late in the year this is.

Im probably gonna be setting the (potential) last of her eggs today 🤪 because i hate to let them sit for too long and there’s spare space in the Halloween incubator, then once my first clutch finishes hatching I’ll set another 13 or more chicken eggs. Oh, about that, my first set of chicken eggs I incubated with the Halloween turkeys is hatching. 4 WCB/ayam cemani chicks, and 1 BCW chick. Another BCW egg is externally pipped though, and a third is cracked. I‘ll see tomorrow how everything is going for them.

Im down to 2 chocolate turkey eggs hatching Oct. 31st-November 1st. One died, unfortunately, but the other two look good right now. At10 chicken eggs that'll hatch that day as well.(3 BcW polish, 7 WCB polish/ayam cemani crosses).

I have 4 more chocolate eggs that’ll hatch maybeee November 10th.
My hen seems to be slowing down on laying. I think I’ve gotten 16 eggs from her though(set 12 so far), which is shocking for how late in the year this is.

Im probably gonna be setting the (potential) last of her eggs today 🤪 because i hate to let them sit for too long and there’s spare space in the Halloween incubator, then once my first clutch finishes hatching I’ll set another 13 or more chicken eggs. Oh, about that, my first set of chicken eggs I incubated with the Halloween turkeys is hatching. 4 WCB/ayam cemani chicks, and 1 BCW chick. Another BCW egg is externally pipped though, and a third is cracked. I‘ll see tomorrow how everything is going for them.
I hope you do get the one turkey egg to hatch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom