Cervical Degloved Wild Goose **Graphic Images***

Tnballgirl

Chirping
May 10, 2022
A lady found a goose in her yard injured. No one would help, no body of water near, no origin.

I picked it up and brought it home. Now it is just outside and drinking water. I have my 4 incubator hatched ducks (may 17) in a kennel secured with chicken wire and a top.

Is it an option to put this goose in with them or will they most likely fight?

Right now, the goose us incapable of truly fighting, in my opinion. But will the young ducklings attack the Goose?

There's a good chance a predator will come in the night as my ring camera caught a huge owl 2 nights ago and a cat last night.

Attachments

• 20230419_192510.jpg
    20230419_192510.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 20230419_200727.jpg
    20230419_200727.jpg
    820.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230419_201017.jpg
    20230419_201017.jpg
    753.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
No wildlife rehabs. I AM the wildlife rehab. The lady called licensed facilities in 3 states no one would help.
I typically do mammals and possums.

But...that said....is it a possibility to put the goose in with the young ducks temporarily?

I don't know if it would be a good idea, unless you can somehow separate them with some sort of barrier within the enclosure. I don't think the ducks would attack it, but the goose still might. An animal in pain can be unpredictable, as you probably know. I'd also worry about the goose carrying something transmittable to your ducks.

Is there a crate or something you can put her in?

That was inspiring!

I don't know if it would be a good idea, unless you can somehow separate them with some sort of barrier within the enclosure. I don't think the ducks would attack it, but the goose still might. An animal in pain can be unpredictable, as you probably know. I'd also worry about the goose carrying something transmittable to your ducks.

That was inspiring!
Looking for crate....

That was inspiring!
Moved her/him into a dog crate. Sat it beside the ducks. I am off to work but I have the camera on them so I can watch for intruders.
She is really weak. I think she must have been like this for days already. How she survived to wall to where she was found is unbelievable. We have very active coyotes, foxes, bobcats etc. I have all of those supplies athand, if she can only hang in there long enough.

Back
Top Bottom