Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hello, Robear here , checking in. My Bantams are doing well , thank you. I have gone from Japanese Bantams to the tiny Serama Bantams or as I call them the "MINIONS" they are such dainty tiny chickens , I absolutely love them.
20240321_190430.jpg
20240321_190044.jpg
20240313_185948.jpg
20240316_103316.jpg
20240316_103423.jpg

Hello! 🎉
My feather friends are doing well and I am too. They are all healthy now.
Although because of recent heat wave the weather has not been very comfortable, hoping it improves soon.

Hope everyone is doing well too 🎉

Thanks for reaching out! After moving to Albuquerque I ended up in a condo and had to forego my dreams of hens and eggs! For now!
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)

We built a new home and coop/pen over the last couple years and it took so much longer than expected which meant my girls and roo had to stay with my parents for a while. They just moved here last month and I couldn’t be happier to have them with me again. They really are the lights of my life.

Thanks for reaching out. :) I am still a sustainability teacher & still running the school farm & chicken coop. My own home flock currently consists of 9 hens & our rooster, Willow. Plus we now have a Turkey called Colin too. I still browse the forums regularly for chook & now turkey advice & it's all as informative as always!
20240127_170436.jpg

Doing well with our three hens keeping my wife and I well satisfied with delicious eggs!

Hi, love BYC! It's super busy here @StrongWellFarms, prepping gardens, tending seedlings in the plant room, continuing to grow sprouts (corn, alfalfa, mung bean, pea) inside for all the chickens and ducks, and very importantly, incubating Ameraucanas and Welsh Harlequins while anticiping the arrival of this year's meat birds. We are also clearing land to expand our acreage under fence by another 5 acres or so (the LGDs are SUPER-excited), piling up the wood against next year's heating season, prepping pastures for this year's pigs which will arrive in a month or so, and building a new coop and bigger area for the turkeys among other things LOL. Love to hear what everyone else is busy at too: yay, Spring!

Attachments

• 20240421_134944.jpg
    20240421_134944.jpg
    761 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240421_134842.jpg
    20240421_134842.jpg
    679.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240415_121441.jpg
    20240415_121441.jpg
    671.1 KB · Views: 3

Good morning all, what have I been up to? Well, having kept poultry, waterfowl and game birds since 1977 I have aways got plenty to do. I'm a breeder of Black Copper Marans, Im introducing new blood lines this year with unrelated hatching eggs in my incubator. I am buying in POL Warren's too as I simply can't keep up with the demand for eggs that I sell. I also have some Geese eggs in one of my incubators. Always plenty to do here!

Back
Top Bottom