Coturnix Quail Hatch Along

Pics
A2513F23-A8A0-4DD0-8CB6-C6C19FAD59DA.jpeg

Had to bring her in last night, but I put her back out this morning. It was too cold, wet, and windy.. for her at least. She’s ok though :)

Sigh.. I think I’m about done with buying eggs from other people. They weren’t packaged very well again, and the “jumbo” eggs are on the small side. So small that I had to bring out the scale to be sure.. the biggest egg I received is 14g. The rest are 12g or smaller. The previous jumbo eggs I purchased were huge, so maybe I’m disappointed because I was expecting more 14g-16g sized eggs instead of 8g-12g.

Knowing my luck, the 14g egg will be the one that won’t hatch :lau

Sigh.. I think I’m about done with buying eggs from other people. They weren’t packaged very well again, and the “jumbo” eggs are on the small side. So small that I had to bring out the scale to be sure.. the biggest egg I received is 14g. The rest are 12g or smaller. The previous jumbo eggs I purchased were huge, so maybe I’m disappointed because I was expecting more 14g-16g sized eggs instead of 8g-12g.

Wow my normals lay 8-12g I have been getting some 15g ones lately I would ask for my money back

Wow my normals lay 8-12g I have been getting some 15g ones lately I would ask for my money back
Same! I keep looking at them and I feel like some of my standard hens lay bigger eggs haha. The last jumbo eggs I got didn’t even fit in an egg carton, but these do which is why I’m like uhhh :oops:

Where are you ordering from? Myshire Farm and Southwest Gamebirds are good. If you get jumbos from SW Gamebirds, the eggs are HUGE.

Eggs were perfectly fine last night, and then I wake up to two cracked eggs.

0023A262-A63F-492C-BD33-224AB8E698B2.jpeg

I don’t even understand how this happened! That split is almost breaking the celdaon egg in half, and the normal egg has multiple dents in it. It’s like someone picked them up and kept dropping them! I think one of the children may have been messing with them. Very, very upsetting. I put wax on both in an attempt to repair them, but I highly doubt that the celadon egg will continue to develop. Just my luck :caf

Back
Top Bottom