Coturnix Quail Hatch Along

Pics
I'm sorry. The celadon is a lost cause. I'm not sure about the other, but in my experience even if a cracked egg makes it, the chick always has growth problems and rarely makes it.
I figured so! I don’t think the other egg even has anything developing, but we’ll see. I haven’t candled them since putting them in. Could it be possible that the celadon egg exploded or something, and damaged the normal one? They were next to each other in the incubator. The kids didn’t mess with them, so I am very confused as to what happened to them.

I figured so! I don’t think the other egg even has anything developing, but we’ll see. I haven’t candled them since putting them in. Could it be possible that the celadon egg exploded or something, and damaged the normal one? They were next to each other in the incubator. The kids didn’t mess with them, so I am very confused as to what happened to them.
I don't think that even if the celadon did explode (it would really, really stink if it did) it wouldn't make dents in the egg next to it. I have had a turner crack jumbo eggs if they're too close together, but that leaves really distinct marks.

Your first guess on what happened is probably more likely.

I don't think that even if the celadon did explode (it would really, really stink if it did) it wouldn't make dents in the egg next to it. I have had a turner crack jumbo eggs if they're too close together, but that leaves really distinct marks.

Your first guess on what happened is probably more likely.
Yeah, there is no stench. They very much look like they were dropped! Sigh, these kids. They are not my children personally, so they know to ask me first and not just do as they please with the animals. Their chick & egg privileges have been revoked until they learn :confused:

Candled today, pulled 7 eggs. They didn’t look like they developed at all, and I even saw bubbles in one. I cracked them open to see, and they are quite runny/watery, especially the white. Never seen such runny eggs… we were all surprised. Is it because I broke them while they were warm? Scrambled during shipping? :confused: Weird eggs. Also, just as I said the “jumbo” egg did not develop! Called it :gig

62055730-ECD0-46F5-965A-ADA18298CFBC.jpeg

C0510F5E-231C-4FF2-91BD-ED680CD297A5.jpeg

Candled today, pulled 7 eggs. They didn’t look like they developed at all, and I even saw bubbles in one. I cracked them open to see, and they are quite runny/watery, especially the white. Never seen such runny eggs… we were all surprised. Is it because I broke them while they were warm? Scrambled during shipping? :confused: Weird eggs. Also, just as I said the “jumbo” egg did not develop! Called it :gig

View attachment 3675741
View attachment 3675742
Weird I would 100% get my money back

Weird I would 100% get my money back
Unfortunately she doesn’t guarantee hatch rates, so I’m out of luck. I know shipping eggs is risky, but I feel like I got cheated haha! She touted great packaging and big eggs. However they were poorly packaged, biggest egg was only 14g, and the eggs have thin shells. I’m hoping she was at least honest about having hardy birds. Sucks! Hopefully I have better luck next time.. I’ve been looking at Thieving Otter. My black birds are from their lines, and I quite like them. I wish I had seen their new jumbos before I got these eggs… I would’ve just ordered eggs from them :p

Unfortunately she doesn’t guarantee hatch rates, so I’m out of luck. I know shipping eggs is risky, but I feel like I got cheated haha! She touted great packaging and big eggs. However they were poorly packaged, biggest egg was only 14g, and the eggs have thin shells. I’m hoping she was at least honest about having hardy birds. Sucks! Hopefully I have better luck next time.. I’ve been looking at Thieving Otter. My black birds are from their lines, and I quite like them. I wish I had seen their new jumbos before I got these eggs… I would’ve just ordered eggs from them :p
I wish I was able to ship hatching eggs because my birds are really nice and get pretty big lay pretty big eggs and I have celadons. One day I will be npip and sell eggs

I wish I was able to ship hatching eggs because my birds are really nice and get pretty big lay pretty big eggs and I have celadons. One day I will be npip and sell eggs
That’d be awesome!! I wish there were more decent options for hatching eggs. I feel like everyone always recommends Myshire, Southwest, or Thieving Otter for quail. I know they’re recommended for good reasons, but I like having a bunch of options. And there are a bunch of options for quail eggs, but I’ve been noticing they are not that great :oops: Basically I just wish there were more honest passionate people selling eggs!

That’d be awesome!! I wish there were more decent options for hatching eggs. I feel like everyone always recommends Myshire, Southwest, or Thieving Otter for quail. I know they’re recommended for good reasons, but I like having a bunch of options. And there are a bunch of options for quail eggs, but I’ve been noticing they are not that great :oops: Basically I just wish there were more honest passionate people selling eggs!
Someday I hope to get NPIP certified.

Back
Top Bottom