Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

I would guess he is a boy, but you should wait a few weeks to see for sure. My turken boys mature very quickly and I can tell in 14 - 20 days if they are cockerels. Please post pictures as he gets older so we can follow his progress. I'd love to see his little crest coming in.

Just think, in 5 or 6 months you can breed him to your hens and you'll have gazillions of little Turkens running around. Cuteness overload!
ya.gif
I am considering keeping her (lets think positive, not rationally LOL) even if she turns out to be a boy. Time will tell.

So if she turns out to be a roo, if I breed him back to any hen (not just naked neck hens), he'll make naked neck babies?

Quote: I'm hoping my pullet lays green eggs. However, there is apparently some mixed blood in my legbars. I have two older pullets that are crossed with a different rooster. One of them lays green eggs and the other one lays brown eggs. I have more than one legbar hen, so I'm not exactally sure who the mom is for each one, but at least one of them does not carry two blue egg genes.

To be NN the chicks have to have one NN gene. Your chick should have a "bowtie" or small patch of down on the front of his neck. That means he/she only has one NN gene and will pass it on to half of the chicks. Half will be NN and half will be fully feathered. There is a naked neck thread where you can see pics of different birds.

My CL x Silver Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben is growing up to be so cute. She is roughly 10weeks old now. She is the sweetest most friendly chicken in the entire chicken yard. She even sits up in the kitchen window every night before dark to check us out. Its rather cute. Also curious to know if anyone has thoughts on the genetics that make this cross produce black chicks with white markings (at least in the females) I don't have a male of this cross?

My CL x Silver Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben is growing up to be so cute. She is roughly 10weeks old now. She is the sweetest most friendly chicken in the entire chicken yard. She even sits up in the kitchen window every night before dark to check us out. Its rather cute. Also curious to know if anyone has thoughts on the genetics that make this cross produce black chicks with white markings (at least in the females) I don't have a male of this cross?

I also have a similar cross of Legbar x Silver Spangled Hamburg... My pullet looks very similar. I would have thought the silver would be dominate. Curious why they are so dark. :) Any of you Genetics Experts want to weigh in.

And my newest lone pullet chick. My sneaky broody Cochin was sitting on one lone egg for about a week before I noticed so I couldn't add more eggs. She is a CL x Silver Laced Cochin.

I also have a similar cross of Legbar x Silver Spangled Hamburg... My pullet looks very similar. I would have thought the silver would be dominate. Curious why they are so dark. :) Any of you Genetics Experts want to weigh in.
Do you have pictures of your cross?

Broody Mom, shy breed. Will try to get some today..
D.gif
Okay, terrible pictures.. But you will get the idea. Silver Spangled Hamburgs have a rose comb, First pic.. I posted Mom, and the young chicks.. As well as today...

there are 3 two look black with white barring and one looks like a small, dark legbar pullet, brown with white barring. 2 have rose combs, one has kind of a mixture. What I am surprised about.. Is how dark they are... Why isn't the Silver dominant.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom