Duck eggs day 21 Air cell photos and Incubation pictures

Pics
The incubator started working normally again after malfunctioning for about 3 hours….
Here’s the one I’m currently assisting. Just letting it rest and absorb and moistening the membrane
View attachment 3791134
lots of veins still.
Nothing like getting a full flock at once , what all breeds and are they all your eggs?

How is this one doing now? it can take a while for them to straighten out so hopefully your seeing progress.
It’s doing a lot better but still not “normal”. It can sit upright and hold its head upright but it isn’t interested in doing anything but snuggling with its buddy. I have given it tiny sips of nutri drench

Then I had a whole new problem with this little guy who hatched a few hours ago. He zipped halfway and then got stuck because the contents of the eggs was like hardening glue. I had to help pick shell off him and finish the zip because he was completely glued in there. He’s just resting and looks ok now, just very sticky.

2 more to go!

Most of the eggs are from my flock. They are a mix of: Silver Appleyard, Khaki Campbell, Cayuga, Swedish Black, and maybe a bit of Indian Runner.

9 of the eggs are Indian Runners that I bought.

Here’s the sticky duckling

BE6B7729-ABB7-457C-A29F-C5D159C5284E.jpeg

DDC3BA66-887C-4E19-A758-888D7B6984DB.jpeg

Here is the weak duckling, left, with his buddy “Ruu” one of the wrong end babies
DDC3BA66-887C-4E19-A758-888D7B6984DB.jpeg

There are members on here who have had sticky babies and had to clean them up or are you familar with doing it?
I haven’t cleaned up a sticky chick since I was a kid. So no, not really. I’m going to do some research on here. Fortunately it’s very lively but it has its wing gummed down and some gunk hardened onto its rear end which I definitely need to clean up. Fortunately it is the only one that has been sticky. I was afraid the next one would be like that too

Back
Top Bottom