Ducks gone!

Spock, I did take care of a ground hog that was eating my garden (and maybe the ducks if they eat that sort of thing) with my litttle .22. I am a believer in protecting my own and if I caught a 2 or 4 legged predator i would confront it with a shotgun if need be. Not gonna let somebody or something take everything I got! But i wouldn't just kick the door open and start blasting outside! LOL
big_smile.png
I would see what was going on first. Then
smack.gif

Thanks Cgjsmitjh, I would like the guys number. I am trying to figure a pen that is predator safe and locks that will keep the ducks safe before I buy more but my DW would like to raise some and I want to make her happy so maybe later i will get some so I will keep his info and probably bein touch with him in a while. Thanks

They may not arrest someone for stolen ducks or what ever but they do for trespassing. Put up some signs saying no tresspassing. Trespassers can be prosecuted big time.

Arklady

So sorry to hear about your loss! Those 2 legged predators are the worst!! Sometimes I really don't like my fellow humans...what the heck possesses them to do some of the stuff they do???

I go to my local zoo to visit the chickens, guinea fowl and peacocks and quite often people dump chickens in the front of the zoo and the ones that stay outside of the zoo slowly disappear from those same 2 legged predators! I really hate that!!!

I wouldn't be so quick to blame people all the time. With my knowledge of raccoons and coon behavior I am always first to blame raccoons for anything unexplainable. They are quite remarkable animals and more intelligent than most realize. They will find a way to kill most any size poultry in any situation. They are persistent predators.

i came out one morning to find one of my chickens had been let out, if the next doors dog had got in as sometimes he does my chicken would have been dead, all the doors were shut and she was trying her best to get back in.

i think one of my neighbours did it, as i had a letter of complaint from the council saying someone had complained about all of my chickens saying they would make noise at 3am in the winter which was stupid as they would be asleep, luckily the man who came to check it out kept chickens so he said it was daft too and i only had 3 bantams they said that they wasnt going to do anything.
then my next door neighbours complained about my rooster even though i kept in in till 8am and he was only a bantam so even though i wanted to tell him where to go i aggreed to rehome him but told him it may take a couple of weeks to find him somewhere, then the next morning i find one out so i think it was him that did it although it was spmeone else that made the complaint to the council as they told me it was a woman but couldnt tell me who.

I think the answer to the two legged predator problems would be an electric fence. Wet down the area and then turn it on right after sunset. Then sit up all night waiting for the yowls. You will find out who the thief is.

Rufus

Back
Top Bottom