Ducks on Artificial Grass???

Jun 16, 2018
Hello,
I don’t know whether I’m posting this in the right section because I’m new!!!
Anyway, a bit about myself... we keep lots of show-winning ducks to breed from, and we keep them on acres of grass. However, I recently came across a lovely pair of abacot call ducks and I have now reserved them. However, due to calls getting wet feather easily, I would either have to keep them in a raised run or put artificial grass mats in a run, on top of concrete slabs. I am worried that the raised runs will look messy, so I am hoping to use the second option. Does anyone have any experience with keeping poultry on artificial grass? Would it hurt their feet or wings? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will post some pictures of the calls when I get them!
Thanks once again,
James

Yes, they do. Unfortunately if you show a call with only a little bit of wet feather, it is disqualified. This is not the case with heavy ducks. Do you have tips about the grass?
Mine are kept in covered runs and on sand with a straw bed in a corner plus a Dog house. Possibly your over thinking the Birds?..

What do you mean by overthinking the birds? Overthinking the pen? We need to make sure everything is right for the 2 ducks because they are costing hundreds of pounds, so we want them to be happy! We also need to be able to clean the run every couple of days, so sand would probably not be ideal.
Mine are kept in covered runs and on sand with a straw bed in a corner plus a Dog house. Possibly your over thinking the Birds?..

What do you mean by overthinking the birds? Overthinking the pen? We need to make sure everything is right for the 2 ducks because they are costing hundreds of pounds, so we want them to be happy! We also need to be able to clean the run every couple of days, so sand would probably not be ideal.
Definitely didn't mean to upset you...Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom