dun dun dun???

heritagehabitatfarms

Songster
10 Years
Oct 11, 2009
clinton ar
y are good pics of dun colored chickens so hard to find??? i have only ever been able to find a few and most are not that good... the only places that i can find with any kind of duns for sale are sand-hill and nature's hatchery... any one know of anywhere els to buy them (any breed)??? any one on here have any good pics ??? pls pls pls
thanks

here is a pic off of fethersite of some chocolate birds from the UK... i have been told that we do not have the chocolate color here in the us yet... but dun is close to the same color... the main difference being that dun does not breed true... its like blue a diluter of black... so if you breed 2 dun birds together you get 50% dun 25% black and 25% lilac... ive never seen a good pic of lilac ether
sad.png

42757_chocwyhsflock.jpeg

Quote:
its a color... that i have heard of there are Wyandotte bantams, OEG bantams, and Sumatra's that are the dun color... but it has to be one of the rarest colors in the USA...

Thanks, I would love to see what the color looks like. I'll google it! And keep an eye on this thread...maybe someone out there has dun colored chickens.

Back
Top Bottom