Falling Down Heights, my daily life

Pics
Time to do the hatching dance! :wee
yippiechickie.gif

Since it was so late last night when they went into lockdown, I only did a cursory check of them, placing them air cell side up, but was more thorough this morning.

Several internal pips from the ducks. All have received a small pinprick breathing hole. Chicken eggs look good, but I didn't see any internal pips yet. Then again, they take much less time than ducklings to hatch.

I'm surprised the OEGB/Silkie eggs didn't develop faster.

Next week, I'm off to the livestock sale with bunches of chicks! Unsure how many ducklings will go though. I don't get attached to chicks as much as ducklings. And since my Magpie drake is probably fox poop at this point, I'll need to keep any Magpie-marked ducklings to try to figure out if any are purebred.

:he

Partial power outage overnight, as in one of the breakers blew due to a thunderstorm. Guess which one??

Thank goodness I got up to inspect the loudly chirping newly hatched chick!!! When I flipped the breaker back on, the incubators had only dropped to 85.

I peeked in to be looked back at by the most wide-eyed chick I've ever seen!

Pics coming in a bit.

Last edited:
FOUR little Silkie mix peepers out! Had to help out the fourth one, it has started to shrink wrap and the egg was turned around. This is the first of the non-OEGB mixes.

There is internal pipping in most of the other banty eggs, if not an external pip. I imagine I'm going to have an incubator full of fluffs by morning!

ALL the duck eggs have either internal or external pips too! Can't wait to see them!!!

Back
Top Bottom