Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement!

All right here's a few pics I've taken with my camera.
I have better ones than these but I cant find them.
barnie.gif

Bee Killer/Robber Fly

Great Blue Heron

Great Horned Owl

No clue :)

Scenic Chattanooga TN

Tomorrow my English Springer Spaniel female turns 2. I went to Sweden to get her, and visited my aunt and cousins on the trip, in Norway and Sweden. Have you seen the History Channel series "Vikings?" It is hard to imagine living in those societies way back when.

Anyway, Lena is my pride and joy. She entered 4 shows last year and received first place in two, and second place in 2. We are in class now to refresh our ring manners for this year's show season. The class is held in a converted cage house for chickens.

I love her beyond words. She loves everyone, including her little "sister." She is also protective of her other family members, 5 BLRWs and a Cairn terrier rescue.

I love all puppies, and dogs for that matter, but a litter of Springer Spaniel puppies are the cutest, IMHO.

Last edited:
Striperon Were there a lot of red tape and customs fees/inspections to bring Lena home? She is beautiful. I hope she does well for you. Who is that darling little person in your avatar?

All beautiful pictures, but I really like these two the most!

Tomorrow my English Springer Spaniel female turns 2. I went to Sweden to get her, and visited my aunt and cousins on the trip, in Norway and Sweden. Have you seen the History Channel series "Vikings?" It is hard to imagine living in those societies way back when.

Anyway, Lena is my pride and joy. She entered 4 shows last year and received first place in two, and second place in 2. We are in class now to refresh our ring manners for this year's show season. The class is held in a converted cage house for chickens.

I love her beyond words. She loves everyone, including her little "sister." She is also protective of her other family members, 5 BLRWs and a Cairn terrier rescue.

I love all puppies, and dogs for that matter, but a litter of Springer Spaniel puppies are the cutest, IMHO.

Beautiful dog, as is the kitty!
big_smile.png

I watch the show Vikings, one of my favorite shows. I was born and raised in Finland which is why I find Vikings and other Nordic stories fascinating. lol

Striperon Were there a lot of red tape and customs fees/inspections to bring Lena home? She is beautiful. I hope she does well for you. Who is that darling little person in your avatar?
I'm sure Stiperon will know better, but I looked into bringing a puppy from Finland to Connecticut once. There really weren't as many requirements as I thought there would have been. I believe the animal needed a passport or some sort of health certificate, but there wasn't much to it. It may be different these days.
When I lived in Finland, my uncle who lived in Arizona then and wanted to move back to Finland, brought his two dogs with them. They had to go through a two week quarantine in Finland. I find it amazing that there is no quarantine bringing an animal into US.

There was surprisingly little red tape. I alerted Immigration and the Department of Agriculture ahead of time. I obtained a passport that was issued by the breeder's veterinarian listing her health care. She was too young for a rabies shot, but Sweden is a rabies free country, so it wasn't an issue. I spent less than 5 minutes with Customs and we were on our way.

She was small enough at the time so she was able to travel "in cabin" in a carrier under the seat. We had one flight attendant who let us pick her up and hold her while in flight. There was another who scolded us about letting her out of her carrier. We watched close for that one and put Lena back in the carrier when she came close.

The little boy in my avatar is my wonderful grandson, Chandler. He is my daughter's first, born a year ago last Thanksgiving. He will be graduating to "Big Brother" in July when he will have a new sibling. I love him so.

My mother was born in the U.S. She had two sisters and a brother who grew up in Norway and Sweden. The older sister has passed away. The younger one is retired and lives near the ocean on the west coast of Sweden. There are lots of cousins, too.

Yes, I too am interested in my Scandinavian heritage and am fascinated by the Viking stories. On my Dad's side, the genealogy goes back to the 1600's, but my Mom's family tree is in the works by my aunt.

Thanks for your kind words.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom