Faverolles Thread

Hello could you tell the name of the breed of chicken you're showing in these photos I think I have a baby that might be the same kind thank you

Hun, this is the Faverolles thread, so I think any of the pics you were referring to would be Faverolles, except the one above where she mentioned it was an Ameruacana.

Hi! Would any of you have both bantam and LF faverolles and be willing to post a picture of both side-by-side?

I’m trying to get an idea of how much smaller bantam faverolles are compared to LF, not by weight but  by size, and would really love to see them both together!
these are my 2 boys that are closest to the same age approx 1 year old I hope this helps on the size difference

Is it possible to introduce chicks to dogs? I’ll be getting salmon fav hatching eggs (yay!!!) and was thinking of introducing the chicks to my dog VERY gradually, to teach them to get along. Have any of you done this?

Is it possible to introduce chicks to dogs? I’ll be getting salmon fav hatching eggs (yay!!!) and was thinking of introducing the chicks to my dog VERY gradually, to teach them to get along. Have any of you done this?
I have introducing my dog, however, I'm also keen on never leaving him unsupervised around the flock. He's a NS Duck tolling retriever, very birdy, and has a hard time not chasing the birds & ducks. Usually in 'good fun', not meant to be aggressive, but having not been raised with birds as family, I am taking the strict route " Don't even look at the birds."

On that note though, I think it depends on your dogs breed, temperament & trainability. For the first while, introduce them slowly in a controlled environment; have your dog sit quietly near the chicks in the brooder. You should be able to start gauging what their reaction will be but in a calm, controlled environment. It's definitely not impossible.

I'd love to know how it goes! Good luck!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom