FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

A lot of retired people in Florida have no life (I am a retired person).... we have allowed government to control our every move ..... every time I hear of neighborhoods where you cannot have chickens I think of the poster put out in WWI. We are detached from our food supply from the land, we are dependent. As this government has said, we don't know what is good for us (healthcare) so they are here to tell us.

I stole this and put it on my FB

A lot of retired people in Florida have no life (I am a retired person).... we have allowed government to control our every move ..... every time I hear of neighborhoods where you cannot have chickens I think of the poster put out in WWI. We are detached from our food supply from the land, we are dependent. As this government has said, we don't know what is good for us (healthcare) so they are here to tell us.

I stole this and put it on my FB
Yup...Me Likey. Stole this too and put it up as screen saver.
wink.png
thumbsup.gif

Wanted to share our girls. They are red stars. A little jello and done corn are they favorite treats. We lost 1 to the heat. Almost lost the whole flock. Been working feverishly to save our girls.

Honestly, if the neighbors call about the rooster crows.... but not about the Heavy metal growling garage band that plays constantly well into the night, or about the hip hop and heavy metal music garage parties my neighbors have between 7pm and 4am even on weeknights.. We are gonna have to have a chat. Either way, 'Big Juicy' is stayin put in the coop as a hen. If he turns out to be a roo it will be til I get a complaint, or til hubby and I decide to sell.

I'm terribly sorry for you. More than anything. Have you considered that their being euthanized might be more disrespect to your feathered friends than allowing them to be part of the fliw of energy as intended? Im having this internal battle now, and I think that even though ut wil really, really, really suck, I'm going to allow any of the orphaned flock that I can't keep be part of the food chain as intended. Ive cried about it, but they have a place on the food chain, and being butchered by me would be quicker and much less painful than a predator. Euthanasia makes their death senseless; returning them to the food chain brings purpose to their death. I also be those roos were more loved and better cared for than any store bought chicken. Im sorry again

Wanted to share our girls. They are red stars. A little jello and done corn are they favorite treats. We lost 1 to the heat. Almost lost the whole flock. Been working feverishly to save our girls.

What part of FL are you in? Im in Redland/homestead area near miami. The chicks havent seemed disturbed by the heat, it could be due to the constant supply of mangos that squirrel start eating and drop. The chicks in the bird flock or the orphaned flock dont like cold things. The orphans dont like watermelon. Thankfully the squirrels and woodpeckers keep them supplied with juicy mangos.

Sorry about your loss. I'm in Jacksonville and its been 100 here too. I've been freezing big hunks of watermelon and putting them out in the am before I head to work. They stay cool awhile and the girls nibble or slurp the juice throughout the day. They pick it clean by dinner time.

Thanks for the condolences. We have been giving watermelon. Honey dew. Cantaloupe.They go bananas over fresh corn. Just started introducing the jello. It's so funny watching them figure things out

Back
Top Bottom