Since little Ezzie moved from the incubator to the brooder 4 hours ago she has done the following...
*Bit me when I went to take her out of the incubator.
*Pooped on me while I was trying to teach her to drink.
*Decided that instead of eating, she should hop into my lap to take a nap and while she had me won over, pooped on me again.
*The look she gives me, she has no regrets for biting me or pooping on me.
I'm in love already with her attitude.

Everyone meet the poop machine Ezzie!!
View attachment 2998813View attachment 2998814View attachment 2998815
Look at her cheeks, she's bearded.
View attachment 2998816
Just adorable!!!

So I have had issues with missing fake eggs, I have stopped using them in fact. As I’ve mentioned sometimes the ravens will go into the hospital tractor or apparently another nest box and steal the occasional egg, sometimes I would take them out and set them aside, forget to put them back after cleaning and the next morning they would be gone… so I met a nice gentleman walking down our driveway, a relatively new neighbour who tried to take the trail out to the beach but didn’t make it all the way, gave up at the gulley near our trailer, found our road and started returning down it. And the darnedest thing, which he found out in the middle of one of the trails… do I have any chickens, because he swore he heard a rooster and then found this strange egg! It was a ceramic one that was probably flown off and then couldn’t be eaten… 😂 at least my ravens aren’t swallowing them whole (I was a little worried about that!)
Excellent! :lau :gig :lau :gig

The 2 I just got: sharpie and F A K E wrapping around the eggs. Otherwise I'd be in trouble. Will get another pair every time I stop in for feed until I have 1/nestbox...if PITA will lay with them...ALL will be marked.
My hens can read, I swear. I did mark them after my brother took them the first time and he still took them a second time!

Well, she’s had a limp since she was a pullet, and she’s almost five. But lately she has been very sore and limping badly. She’s also listing to one side and breathing heavily when she sits. I don’t really feel fluid build up, and I’m hoping there isn’t a tumor. She’s gotten a little more active, so I hope she’s improving. She eats, poops, forages (a little) and dust-bathes fine, which is good. But it’s been a couple weeks at least.
Have you tried giving her something to relieve inflammation? Sometimes if you give them a boost they start moving and the motion helps to relieve the swelling and the pain lessons. It just gives them a kick that starts them down the path to improvement.

I have two acres of “dust bathing areas” :confused:
And they don’t have favorite dust bathing spots? I am also on acreage and mine almost always dust-bathe in the same spot.
Have you tried giving her something to relieve inflammation? Sometimes if you give them a boost they start moving and the motion helps to relieve the swelling and the pain lessons. It just gives them a kick that starts them down the path to improvement.
No, but it has crossed my mind. Maybe I will. Today I did make them some mash with a generous dose of aloe detox.

Back
Top Bottom