Wow ya I would be worried too!

Can you send me a picture of the worm you used. I will likely worm my gang as they likely need it...
This is what I used. Available on Amazon and at Tractor Supply.

2322AE00-5A80-4FF9-BD6C-50FA9118D5DA.png

I syringed about 1ml of Safe-Guard goat dewormer direct into their gullet.
I was a nervous wreck about avoiding the trachea. I pushed the syringe almost all the way in before plunging and I had images that I was filling their lungs with fluid as I plunged.
But I think if I had done that I would know by now. All three are foraging around. Maggie is a strong bird - geez she really did not want that to happen and she fought with every ounce of her strength! Diana’s throat is the easiest to visualize so I was most sure with her that I had avoided the windpipe but she has an unnerving trick of walking backwards in the towel burrito so I was left holding the perfectly placed syringe with no chicken in the vicinity!
I am leaving Dotty until after dark tonight. I fully expect to lose a finger.
I am not yet counting this as a new skill - but maybe by their second dose I will feel less scared.
As I typed this Maggie got her revenge - she just pecked a little bug bite scab I have on my elbow. OUCH!!!!
Good job.

Ok I went back and dug through my archives of pictures for these 3 on Pony Sunday.
First up is a picture I took about 8 years ago of one of the horses that used to be at the barn. Taxi was one of the horses Rosie first fell in love with.
Taxi.jpg

Rosie and Taxi's daughter Yellow as a baby.
12108810_10205129930394227_2450699882893410783_n.jpg

And finally, the horse that caused me to get a phone call from Rosie's head start teacher. When the vet is out Rosie has always been his shadow watching whatever he does. He was out to geld Meditation. The vet joked to her when she asked what he was doing and said "Meditation is having his nuts cut out". The next day her teacher calls me asking "who was Meditation, and why was she telling the whole class he had his nuts cut out." Yeah, you have to watch what you say around a 4 year old because they will run and repeat everything in class.
Meditation.jpg

Random ramble:

The movie "Chicken Run" was not great... Why can't they make chickens look like chickens in an animation?? Come on.

On a happy note, I accidentally watched "Cry Macho" yesterday and it is a better chicken movie than "Chicken Run". I recommend @featherhead007 watch it with Jaffer.😊
Animator here.

The style is a trademark of the studio, Ardman. If you're going to watch something from them, more than likely it will be stop motion in their trademark art style.

I'm not sure what you out looking for in terms of chickens looking like chickens, but some common unappealing traits I know people take issue with are wing fingers and teeth in beaks.

In general, chickens are not the most popular subject of animation although I do have a pipedream for an adaptation of little women, but they're just chickens.

Animator here.

The style is a trademark of the studio, Ardman. If you're going to watch something from them, more than likely it will be stop motion in their trademark art style.

I'm not sure what you out looking for in terms of chickens looking like chickens, but some common unappealing traits I know people take issue with are wing fingers and teeth in beaks.

In general, chickens are not the most popular subject of animation although I do have a pipedream for an adaptation of little women, but they're just chickens.
That would be extremely amusing :lau

You didn't read the pain in the b... part!

Let me just tell you she gave over free goat cheese to almost 10 families in the village in whose property she had to chase the donkeys around for ages 🤣.

I wish she had thought this over before, it was her fault not halter training them because it was a drama when they got separated. Baby kinder that's on the picture was one year old when his mum left and he cried and cried for a whole month, and donkeys are loud.
You meant pain in the beauty though right?

A "Turkey" grad (he got nicknamed Butterball as a baby cause he he got basted twice a day in an eczema battle. Got shortened to Turkey as he grew...he still answers to it, too) headed to a Tech school on a full scholarship View attachment 3129025
(Note the socks)
Don’t invite him to thanksgiving. People might try to have him for dinner instead of having him for dinner because of his name.

Back
Top Bottom