Find the Fluffy Butts
A1659841-9F0E-44B3-A303-78620B33BAA6.jpeg

Leghorns are very close to real birds. They can fly. Their wings are longer than their body. They extend past their bums.

I have outlined Elphie's wing in this photo. As you can see it extends as far past her bum as her butt fluff does.

View attachment 3422027
And I bet those taile help with streerimg!

Yup. You can also use chicken wire so they can see and talk to each other but not peck or push.
I was thinking that - also won’t roost on that!

If the nest boxes stick out they could fill them with poop at night.
💩
💩 💩
💩 💩 💩 💩
💩 💩 💩 💩 💩 💩
💩 💩 💩 💩 💩 💩 💩 💩
😝😝😝 there will be tops on them like step tops 😁😁😳
I heve nest box sleepers - I just clean them out daily.

That is scary. To bad you didn't catch up to it with that broom.
I would have been just freaking out!!! Ok so I am not letting my gang out roaming ever we have a couple bald eagles around…
wow all beautiful! Love those two brown in the front beauties!

😝😝😝 there will be tops on them like step tops 😁😁😳
I heve nest box sleepers - I just clean them out daily.
Some people have poop boards under their roosts to catch the poop and they clean it like a litter tray. You could do that.
I don't do that, but I did build a nest box under the main roost and it has a slightly sloped roof. I cover it with shavings or horse stall pellets and then periodically scoop it all onto the floor. If they roost facing the window they poop directly on the floor and if they sleep with their butts towards the window the poop goes onto the nest box roof.
Here is a picture with Bernie standing on top of it. She often uses it as an easy platform from which to hop up to the roost.
Something like that could work for you.
8409A189-7C9E-4B12-8FC2-23ABBE95012C.jpeg

Some people have poop boards under their roosts to catch the poop and they clean it like a litter tray. You could do that.
That's what I do. I have a 1/2" layer of sweet PDZ on the board. It works very well! I have a kitty litter scooper and just sift the loose PDZ back onto the board. I rarely smell any ammonia/poop smell, unless someone has just dropped a cecal poop.

Back
Top Bottom