Anger level 90% !! My roofer has showed up to spot repair the roof leak. But he obviously didn’t consider that I have a nose and can smell alcohol! I sent him home. No one is gonna get hurt on my property. I’m going to need a backup plan for the roofing. :barnie
Tax:View attachment 3425694
He showed up to a roofing job drunk? He won’t be a roofer for long!

In the first leghorn photo (?Lucy), that comb is so big compared to her head, it looks like she would have a permanent crick in her neck from carrying that weight around!!!
(I just love it! 🥰 🥰 🥰 🥰 )

And who wouldn't love a big fluffy Brahma, long live the Queen!👑❤️👑
Thank you. I always find my leghorns to be so comical. And they know they’re cute, they show off all the time.
And I do love the Queen. She had a sister, Princess, who sadly passed away last year. :hmm:(

:lau:lau:lau:lau

Don't do it, Don't do it, Don't do it....

awe shucks, I'm doing it!
:lau:lau:lau:lau
My incubator is 3 years old now. It has not been turned on since the big April hatch last year. It is not a top of the line incubator, a Hoverbator. Before something important comes along that needs hatching I need to know if it will still work. There is really only one way to find that out. Turn it on and load it up. It hit its ideal temp, and humidity almost at 1. Still holding strong. I also placed the turner in it and turned it on, I hear the motor running which is good. I really will not know if it is working until I put a few eggs in.

Thank you. I always find my leghorns to be so comical. And they know they’re cute, they show off all the time.
And I do love the Queen. She had a sister, Princess, who sadly passed away last year. :hmm:(
This needed the ❤️ emoji, the :( emoji, and the :hugs emoji!

I just love the ones who are cute and know it - like the class clowns of sorts - makes everyone laugh!
I hope the Queen wasn't too depressed when Princess passed (nor you!). It is a shame that so many live such a short life! :(

This needed the ❤️ emoji, the :( emoji, and the :hugs emoji!

I just love the ones who are cute and know it - like the class clowns of sorts - makes everyone laugh!
I hope the Queen wasn't too depressed when Princess passed (nor you!). It is a shame that so many live such a short life! :(
I agree. I have lost pretty many chickens in only three years. Predators, sudden unexpected death, things like that.
It isn’t like cats and dogs.

My incubator is 3 years old now. It has not been turned on since the big April hatch last year. It is not a top of the line incubator, a Hoverbator. Before something important comes along that needs hatching I need to know if it will still work. There is really only one way to find that out. Turn it on and load it up. It hit its ideal temp, and humidity almost at 1. Still holding strong. I also placed the turner in it and turned it on, I hear the motor running which is good. I really will not know if it is working until I put a few eggs in.
And you were worried about US being enablers! You don't need any, you enable yourself! :lau :lau :lau

Glad the incubator seems to be working so far, though. Nothing worse than enabling yourself, only to have the incubator not successfully incubate!

The Queen (Light Brahma) lays the really large ones consistently. Not sure about the others other than the white ones. Lucy and Ethel, (the leghorns), lay the white eggs. So one of them laid the tiny white egg.
This is the Queen (she will be 3 years old in May)
View attachment 3425644

These two are Lucy and Ethel (they are going on 1 year old)
View attachment 3425643View attachment 3425642
Such pretty girls. I am smitten with my 5 marshmallows (leghorns). I really love it now that they run around with those tails sticking straight up in the air. Combs are just starting to grow. I hope at least one of them gives me a big floppy comb. Truth be told, I am amazed that they really do not have a comb yet. I thought since they got such a big comb they would have more by now. Nope, first 6 weeks have been spent growing their wings first, and then tails.

And you were worried about US being enablers! You don't need any, you enable yourself! :lau :lau :lau

Glad the incubator seems to be working so far, though. Nothing worse than enabling yourself, only to have the incubator not successfully incubate!
That is my fear. Get my hands on something I really really want to incubate and then the thing not even turn on. With my crew I should have a broody hen as backup. But, karma says if the incubator dies not a single hen will be broody.

Back
Top Bottom