Lovely evening out there tonight - full moon, clearing skies so I can see the stars, looked to see if I could see any northern lights but a bit too much clouds still.

Got the chooks and horses settled for the night, once I get the brick pavers replaced and the cement grouted in the rat entrances I will finish off the Hen House B. It’s going to start getting cold after tonight.

Here is one of my all time favourite poems 😊

“There are strange things done in the midnight sun
By the men who moil for gold;
The Arctic trails have their secret tales

That would make your blood run cold;
The Northern Lights have seen queer sights,

But the queerest they ever did see
Was that night on the marge of Lake Lebarge

I cremated Sam McGee.”

The cremation of Sam McGee, by Robert W. Service 💕
I used to live at Lake Labarge when I was a child!

IMG_20231027_172215758.jpg

Three pullet eggs today! Two were first eggs!

Sometimes you have to be judgmental. I can tell you another fact that may not be as fun. Chinese government also banned homosexuals on the screen.
Censorship is something that is not familiar here, even as a kid I seem to remember everything here being out in the open, oh somethings caused a raising of an eyebrow (teen classmates caught making out on our grade 8 trip to Ottawa), but there was never any real stigma attached to things (same teen became pregnant - oi boy…).

In fact I feel these days there is way more attention and what-not happening - I feel it is the ease of gaining information from the web that emboldens people (like our so called freedom convoy - wasting taxpayer dollars).

Tax
Gosh I love this photo of Mr P
56CA87E4-3FE0-47FA-A77B-BD0E2FB296DD.jpeg

I used to live at Lake Labarge when I was a child!

View attachment 3669820

Three pullet eggs today! Two were first eggs!
Awesome! You are so lucky 💕 those are lovely eggs.

If my gals are laying I don’t know where they are laying….

Hahaha do you see Sam anywhere - maybe in the northern lights ?

You know, it was 20C here today - Unheard of! Back to reality tomorrow, only 9. And looks like snow next week. But I have been seeing that you guys out west are just getting walloped with the cold.

How are your chooks handling it? Are they like RM’s and hiding out?

Tax

Prairie Chicken (grouse)
475BE4ED-D270-4D8D-AB73-494DC73D18C1.jpeg
D079006E-8A5F-4FF2-BB5F-069DD949E512.jpeg

Snow bird
3620BFEB-15EA-4D75-8475-4E529B1D455D.jpeg

Thank you :) those are my original crew, I got them as chicks from Alchemist Farms in their mystery box. All but three were girls I got very lucky 🍀. I feel fair certain I have the breeds correct now but it took me some time to riddle it out with tons of help from all the fluffy butt folks! ❤️

The black butt is Brownie: French Black Copper Maran
The one with the black crest, Doodle: “fancy EE” called an Azure Egger
The all white butt is either Flour or Sugar cannot quite tell in this picture but they are both: Moss Eggers (2nd or 3rd gen Olive eggers)
The brown butt is Cinnamon or Ginger: Welsummer
The dark grey with fuzzy cheeks is Peanut: Ameraucana
So cute! Thanks 😊

Censorship is something that is not familiar here, even as a kid I seem to remember everything here being out in the open, oh somethings caused a raising of an eyebrow (teen classmates caught making out on our grade 8 trip to Ottawa), but there was never any real stigma attached to things (same teen became pregnant - oi boy…).

In fact I feel these days there is way more attention and what-not happening - I feel it is the ease of gaining information from the web that emboldens people (like our so called freedom convoy - wasting taxpayer dollars).

Tax
Gosh I love this photo of Mr P
View attachment 3669843
Here in the US we censor everything. Including harmless cats. Oh, and ads on YouTube that children shouldn't see are perfectly fine.

Awesome! You are so lucky 💕 those are lovely eggs.

If my gals are laying I don’t know where they are laying….

Hahaha do you see Sam anywhere - maybe in the northern lights ?

You know, it was 20C here today - Unheard of! Back to reality tomorrow, only 9. And looks like snow next week. But I have been seeing that you guys out west are just getting walloped with the cold.

How are your chooks handling it? Are they like RM’s and hiding out?

Tax

Prairie Chicken (grouse)
View attachment 3669844View attachment 3669845

Snow bird
View attachment 3669846
Everyone has been taking the chilly temperatures in stride. I have several who are moulting, but they are doing okay. It was only -12C/10F today which is not actually considered to be cold here at this time of year.

The bad news is that Cesario is limping. My husband has been away looking after a friend's dog sled team, but is coming back tomorrow so we can get a good look at it.

Back
Top Bottom