I got to pick up and carry Tassels.
🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

53AD68D6-7585-47B8-9595-CE1207A83B8E.jpeg

ETA: she rewarded me by delivering the most enormous pile of poop on my little table where I set her down. She is a big chicken, but her insides seem to believe she is a horse!

OMG - it may be Piglet I have to worry about.
Seems she is enjoying this new-found aggressive persona - she just pecked Bernie in the butt. Needless to say, punishment was swift and decisive. But even as she fled, Piglet gave a backwards kick that landed on Bernie’s beak.
What has come over her? Now she is pecking at my pant legs.
She has gone all T.Rex on me.
Sweet little Piglet??

:eek:

6C635382-BB04-4465-94EB-E591B6B04004.jpeg

Remind me what breed she is? Wild guess - a lavender laced Wyandotte?
Inky is not that fancy of a breed.

She was sold as Rhode island blue, which is really a production blue. But I feel like she could be a mix up from hatchery. She has some orphington characteristics and she goes broody multiple times a year. She takes lots of breaks from laying but is a great layer. She is super duper healthy too.

Whole flock again. Everyone is doing well.
20231020_131232.jpg

Last edited:
I got to pick up and carry Tassels.
🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

View attachment 3674376

ETA: she rewarded me by delivering the most enormous pile of poop on my little table where I set her down. She is a big chicken, but her insides seem to believe she is a horse!
Does Tassels laugh when you tickle her?

9 days away from our Pink concert. I think I am going to hire Maddy next door to take care of the chickens. We will be gone all day as it is in Louisville which is a almost 5 hour drive. I will not bother dad about them. The 11th also happens to be opening day of gun season for deer, his Christmas. I hope he is too busy dragging something off the hill to worry about them. The coop will need to be opened and everyone let out and the feeder filled up. Then she will have to come let Poppet out of her tote with fresh food and water. Around 5 she will need to put Poppet back in her tote for the evening and block it off and open up the coop so the rest can come to roost. Around dark she will then need to do a sweep and carry any of Ravens group who insist on roosting on the porch to the coop. There is still 3 that like special treatment of being packed to bed and close it up. She will also need to gather eggs. Besides myself and Rosie, Maddy is the only one who knows where everyone sleeps and where all the nests are and can handle all of them without any fuss. Raven is also broody and wrongly thinks she is going to be allowed to hatch again. She has taken over her old porch nest box so she is also being packed to the coop at night to her displeasure. I hope by then I have her broody butt broke but if not, Maddy is not afraid of Raven. She packed her to the coop for me last night when I was locking everything up. She is afraid of 1 hen only, Momma.

9 days away from our Pink concert. I think I am going to hire Maddy next door to take care of the chickens. We will be gone all day as it is in Louisville which is a almost 5 hour drive. I will not bother dad about them. The 11th also happens to be opening day of gun season for deer, his Christmas. I hope he is too busy dragging something off the hill to worry about them. The coop will need to be opened and everyone let out and the feeder filled up. Then she will have to come let Poppet out of her tote with fresh food and water. Around 5 she will need to put Poppet back in her tote for the evening and block it off and open up the coop so the rest can come to roost. Around dark she will then need to do a sweep and carry any of Ravens group who insist on roosting on the porch to the coop. There is still 3 that like special treatment of being packed to bed and close it up. She will also need to gather eggs. Besides myself and Rosie, Maddy is the only one who knows where everyone sleeps and where all the nests are and can handle all of them without any fuss. Raven is also broody and wrongly thinks she is going to be allowed to hatch again. She has taken over her old porch nest box so she is also being packed to the coop at night to her displeasure. I hope by then I have her broody butt broke but if not, Maddy is not afraid of Raven. She packed her to the coop for me last night when I was locking everything up. She is afraid of 1 hen only, Momma.
Maddy sounds like a great friend to have - and who wouldn't be afraid of Momma?!

Unfortunately the health issues are a permanent thing. Osteoarthritis Osteopenia, Scoliosis, Stenosis, Spondylosis, Degenarative disc disease, herniated discs, Diabeties 2 (A1C is down to 5.8! woohoo!) Tendonitis, stomach issues, heart issues..... I could go on but I hate typeing. Hubby has been taking care of the chooks and I have groceries delivered because my neck and back are so bad I currently cant stand or walk for more than about 5 minutes because Im so weak. Still doing injections and ablations in the neck and back.
Ill try to get current chook photos.

Back
Top Bottom