@RoyalChick has a hen that gets piggy back rides too
SHRA TAX

20240203_155827.jpg

Oh I love that photo of the velociraptors tracks 😊

Oh I bet Sherlock loves that snow ❤️ He sure looks like he is having a blast.

It’s ok here, not sunny like it’s supposed to be but not cold and no snow so I will take it! I had the kiddos out for a few hrs, I thought I had been keeping a close eye on them, but when I went and opened the back door to empty the wheelbarrow, there was Buttercup, Luttle Grey, Tippy and Eli-too up on Mnt Poopmore having a blast.

To say I freaked out would be an understatement; there was a lot of cussing and when I tried to get them inside the whole bleeping gang bolted out the door practically running me down! Sheesh!

So I emptied the barrow and then let them have a bit of time out back for a few minutes.

Gosh those chooks are just cheeky little beasties!

Sue cruising around looking for bits of grass.
View attachment 3740408
Beautiful sunny day here. Even Hattie was up and in the garden today!

20240204_154004.jpg

This should be a short little video of Gumbo. He was making the typical “Ooh, there’s food!” Rooster noise.
Sorry, but I’m sure he’s a rooster. He’s my fourth roo that I’ve had. He’s almost as big as Pastel, and he’s twice the size of my full grown hens (almost twice the size)

View attachment 3740531View attachment 3740534
And 5 months?! :eek:Yeah, he's a boy...but slow on the feather development...or are the others "trimming" his tail feathers?

Thank you. I think that I’m going to try to rehome him one last time. If that doesn’t work, then it’s Freezer Camp I think.
Glad you're working on a home for him. Tidbitting already (and over real food rather than every leaf, twig, and pebble) is a good sign for him to become a great flock master.

"Looking for some ladies to call my own. I'm young, but know to find the best treats (and ignore the other stuff). I know how to stand watch for predators and have been educated on listening when the ladies say No. [your ladies have thumped him, right?] I also know how to find good spots to lay eggs and i know people bring treats for me to share with the girls. Feathered ladies, I'm the Roo for you!"

Think posting this in Beakbook will help?

Rusty was a Giant, Hector is an Australorp (and I'm pretty sure is Nimbus' papa). Cheetah is a Hamburg (different feather pattern/colors). In addition to the breeds listed, wyandottes and Plymouth rocks also come in black.

Any Hamburg pullets will probably be very close to Lark and Indigo in size, shape, and active level (busy, busy, busy, and very alert). Giant ladies will be close to Primula and Belladonna in size and probably very laid back. (Watch them be the exception and polar opposite instead).

Back
Top Bottom