Yep 1 & 2 cockerel, OE1 ?, Mina ?, Bananas pullet, wee baby pullet.

Sure are darn cute all of them 💕

My guesses:
1 and 2 - boys
3 - probably a boy
4,5 - probably pullets
6 - pullet

Some of my pullets had largish combs and even waddles young. They are now laying eggs.

This young I really put the weight of my guesses into the pink/ red appearing or not to determine sex. So far this has been fairly accurate.

Bcm 1 is using a pullet stance rather than a cockerel stance in that pic if that helps any....
(Not definitive by any means)

Thanks for the input! It’s very reassuring to hear I’m not positively raising an army of cockerels. 🤞🏽

A Remembrance and a Celebration

Hello again. I remain slammed at work with little time to spend catching up on everyone However we are approaching an anniversary that demands to recognized. So I am going to post something every day for the next few days. I apologize if I do not respond to any comments you may make. I just don't have a spare 2 hours in my day to follow this thread.

Anytime there is a changing of guard in a tribe of chickens there is usually a loss of some kind. This coming Friday is both the anniversary of Aurora's ascension to the thrown and, of course, Lilly's passing. So leading up to Friday I am going to retell some of Lilly's most interesting stories as she deserves to be remembered.

Today's remembrance are some of my favorite videos. Lilly loved torturing new comers to the tribe. It gave her immense pleasure to stalk and surprise them. She would even work with other hens like Sansa or even Phyllis to scare the newcomers twice in one surprise attack.

Here you will find Lilly scaring Little Jabber half to death with a surprise attack.

Here Lilly welcomes Betty to the Tribe

Lilly Chases Everyone

Hopefully these links work for everyone.

Lilly was a special leader and excellent leader of the tribe. She is dearly missed by all.
She sure got her exercise!! I truly laughed out loud to watch Jabber be scared through the roof 😂

Happy Monday everyone.
Sylvie said I could share her mugshot today.
View attachment 3802009

Reluctantly I have decided I need to try and break Tassels (hate that phrase).
Even if I fail it will be easier for my chicken sitter to care for her this way.
She is not happy, and I know I am a big softie but I find it very distressing to do this to her.
View attachment 3802010
Stand strong- it will help her in the long run! ❤️ Maybe next year you could let her sit to her heart’s content, to find she’s one of the ones who never breaks on her own anyways

Thanks for the input! It’s very reassuring to hear I’m not positively raising an army of cockerels. 🤞🏽
Oh I feel that way sometimes - which is why I don’t like hatching eggs.

I am not against having cocktails bits darn hard to get rid of them! There is no place to process them close to me and not everyone wants to take them.

Mugs Monday

The silkie bunch

Henny Penny
81AF93C8-1D78-45E3-933C-DD317CB612BD.jpeg

Fluffy
E65F433C-0C26-4A60-AC5D-67CE1DFD418A.jpeg

Teddy
8093262E-12D4-48B4-8DBF-3A3642C67C54.jpeg

Marty
84A4697A-D3E7-4595-B554-2A16A4A82F6B.jpeg

Curly
230197F5-D235-4AB3-A482-E39F13F61562.jpeg

Silly question, but how will I know?
Easy. She will go overnight from this :
IMG_20240413_121945.jpg

Screaming deadly insults in R'lyehian ....
#€*&!€!!!!
Sounding like Rammstein.

To this :
Hello 🤗 I'm Merle would you care to share some of your delicious lunch with me ?🎵 (to the sound of Vivaldi's Spring).
IMG_20240414_123125.jpg

Play for power do you think??
Not sure yet. Wondering about sick, but not seeing anything symptoms wise either. At this point, Watching, not interfering, getting coop open earlier to minimize inside squabbles, and spreading food/water sources more. Payback for last spring is possible too. I don't have enough info yet.

Back
Top Bottom